Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

All the single Ladies, all the single Ladies... ;)

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 4:20 PM
  • 9 Replies

It fascinates me to realize the load that single homeschooling mother's have O>O! I've seen some amazing blogs and read some very interesting articles. I have a friend who is a single mother and interested in homeschooling. I'm looking for some insight in to how each of our single homeschooling moms make it work for you. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to fill in my blanks and better guide my understanding. I'd love to be able to share some of your input with my dear friend. 

Bests~

by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 4:25 PM

I'm no longer single but have been there.  It is possible, but I won't lie... I found it stressful trying to juggle it all.  But good thing about homeschooling is it can be done at any hour, any day... so she could do evenings or mornings if she works nights... weekends, etc . :)

oredeb
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 11:38 AM

i homeschooled single till my oldest was 12,  (then married again)

i did various jobs that i could bring my kids to, kept a big garden so we could sell plants and veg. in summer to pay the rent, babysat(homeschooled others with mine), bartered, sold curr, canned for people, made and sold bread, herbs, cleaned peoples houses, cut wood for elderly widows, sold goats milk, soap, we got 100 dollars in food stamps, made everything from scratch(it is cheaper), sold eggs, ate our chickens and bunnies, sold bunnies,

if i had to do it over again i wouldnt change it any.

i had to make up my own curr, mostly(couldnt afford to buy any, till later)

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Quoting oredeb:

i did various jobs that i could bring my kids to, kept a big garden so we could sell plants and veg. in summer to pay the rent, babysat(homeschooled others with mine), bartered, sold curr, canned for people, made and sold bread, herbs, cleaned peoples houses, cut wood for elderly widows, sold goats milk, soap, we got 100 dollars in food stamps, made everything from scratch(it is cheaper), sold eggs, ate our chickens and bunnies, sold bunnies,

That's awesome!!!!!

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

Melissa6705
by on Jun. 21, 2011 at 1:15 PM
That is so amazing!!

Quoting oredeb:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loisaida76
by on Jun. 21, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Im not a single mother but I did homeschool my 2 children with out the support of my work at home hubby. I just love the replies to this post. It really shows that anyone can school their children when ever and where ever.

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 21, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Quoting Loisaida76:

Im not a single mother but I did homeschool my 2 children with out the support of my work at home hubby. I just love the replies to this post. It really shows that anyone can school their children when ever and where ever.

SOOOO TRUE!!!!

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jun. 22, 2011 at 12:18 AM

I work from home at night after the kids are in bed. The rest of the day is pretty much like all of you. I just don't sleep a whole lot. She could look at www.wahm.com at the message boards or www.ratracerebellion.com if she's interested in working from home. I love it and have been so thankful for the miracle of being with my kids all day.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 22, 2011 at 8:01 AM

I honestly can't imagine doing it alone.  You ladies who do rock! 

MommaChell
by on Jun. 22, 2011 at 10:12 PM

The info you Ladies have shared is very encouraging.

@oredeb- the more I learn about you the more you amaze me O>O; thanks for responding!

@Louisada76- I agree and believe that there are many homeschooling moms out their who are married and going it alone. It's an encouragement to me to know that single moms are succeeding all by themselves!!!

@0123456- I can only imagine what you're schedual must be like! Thank you so much for the links, I'll check them out and pass'em along :)

Thanks all of you for you're posts~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)