Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Compliments or frowns?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 4:38 PM
  • 12 Replies

With my business I work for a lot of older people and I'm very surprised to find I'm getting tons of compliments on homeschooling my kids!  I very rarely have anyone make negative comments, if anything people are curious.  How about you?  Compliments or frowns?

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SimplySonita
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 4:43 PM

I get mostly compliments. With, of course the occasional "What about socialization?" LOL

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)
Forgive any typos-I have a broken finger!!!

Enter to win a writing prompts e-book and a chance at a $50 amazon gift card! Ends 6/22

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 5:26 PM

heheeh someone always has to throw socialization in there... I find myself busting out laughing at those comments anymore :)

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 7:20 PM

I get a mix of the 2. And it's usually the older people who seem to be more pro homeschooling! We have HORRIBLE public schools here, so I'm not surprised

Boobah
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 9:35 PM
From strangers - I get compliments. From family I get questions and "well, I'm just worried about..."
However my brother in law was pro homeschooling. He usually backs me behind everything though. I think he wished his wife would take my lead but she is just... Not into the same
Things as me.

My mom doesn't say bad or good, I know she questions it, but I will hear of he saying something to someone else that would be a benefit of homeschooling. She is hard to read. I know she wants to support me and not hurt my feelings. She also knows I research the heck out of things and do what I want to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawn07
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 11:02 PM

My family is very supportive since several of them are homeschoolers themselves. My inlaws however I know don't agree although they haven't said anything to my face. I've also had my ex-boss ask me what made me think I was capable of homeschooling my children.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2011 at 9:44 AM

All kinds of compliments!

Mom71307
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 9:55 AM

My family... frowns but others compliments or "I don't know how you do it... stay with your kids all the time"!

usmom3
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 10:35 AM

From strangers I get asked lots of Q & most say that they have thought about trying it but where scared to. Most of my family that I talk to is supportive of it. My 19 y/o niece used to be against it but after 1 year out of public school, living in the real world for that year & seeing my kids she has decided any children she has will be homeschooled until 6Th grade & then the child will be allowed to chose whether to home school or go to public school.  

oredeb
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 10:38 AM

in all the years i cant even remember a frown(unless they were hiding it!), everyone has always been very supportive and curious about homeschooling.

luvthesoap
by on Jun. 21, 2011 at 9:38 AM

I get the "deer stuck in headlights" look, most of the time. LOL!

Betty in Ky

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN