Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Compliments or frowns?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 4:38 PM
  • 12 Replies

With my business I work for a lot of older people and I'm very surprised to find I'm getting tons of compliments on homeschooling my kids!  I very rarely have anyone make negative comments, if anything people are curious.  How about you?  Compliments or frowns?

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SimplySonita
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 4:43 PM

I get mostly compliments. With, of course the occasional "What about socialization?" LOL

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)
Forgive any typos-I have a broken finger!!!

Enter to win a writing prompts e-book and a chance at a $50 amazon gift card! Ends 6/22

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 5:26 PM

heheeh someone always has to throw socialization in there... I find myself busting out laughing at those comments anymore :)

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 7:20 PM

I get a mix of the 2. And it's usually the older people who seem to be more pro homeschooling! We have HORRIBLE public schools here, so I'm not surprised

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 19, 2011 at 9:35 PM
From strangers - I get compliments. From family I get questions and "well, I'm just worried about..."
However my brother in law was pro homeschooling. He usually backs me behind everything though. I think he wished his wife would take my lead but she is just... Not into the same
Things as me.

My mom doesn't say bad or good, I know she questions it, but I will hear of he saying something to someone else that would be a benefit of homeschooling. She is hard to read. I know she wants to support me and not hurt my feelings. She also knows I research the heck out of things and do what I want to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2011 at 11:02 PM

My family is very supportive since several of them are homeschoolers themselves. My inlaws however I know don't agree although they haven't said anything to my face. I've also had my ex-boss ask me what made me think I was capable of homeschooling my children.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2011 at 9:44 AM

All kinds of compliments!

Mom71307
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 9:55 AM

My family... frowns but others compliments or "I don't know how you do it... stay with your kids all the time"!

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 20, 2011 at 10:35 AM

From strangers I get asked lots of Q & most say that they have thought about trying it but where scared to. Most of my family that I talk to is supportive of it. My 19 y/o niece used to be against it but after 1 year out of public school, living in the real world for that year & seeing my kids she has decided any children she has will be homeschooled until 6Th grade & then the child will be allowed to chose whether to home school or go to public school.  

oredeb
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 10:38 AM

in all the years i cant even remember a frown(unless they were hiding it!), everyone has always been very supportive and curious about homeschooling.

luvthesoap
by on Jun. 21, 2011 at 9:38 AM

I get the "deer stuck in headlights" look, most of the time. LOL!

Betty in Ky

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN