Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

With my business I work for a lot of older people and I'm very surprised to find I'm getting tons of compliments on homeschooling my kids!  I very rarely have anyone make negative comments, if anything people are curious.  How about you?  Compliments or frowns?

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 4:38 PM
Replies (11-12):
mynameismuerte
by on Jun. 22, 2011 at 8:35 AM

My family is supportive but most people just seem "confused."  Actually, my oldest is young enough for a few more months that I usually don't even mention it.  I give the standard, "He's supposed to start Kindergarten this fall."  LOL.  I don't mind if someone doesn't agree with homeschooling but I can't stand dealing with ignorance on the subject, either.

RheaF
by Member on Jun. 22, 2011 at 8:40 AM

I get both. We have a fairly large homeschooling community here, and it is growing alot. So it really is becoming the "norm". I still get a few people who will make a point to tell me they are against homeschooling. I usually just go the other way, or let them know thats ok...I love homeschooling,lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)