Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Getting ready for fall!

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2011 at 8:23 AM
  • 18 Replies

I'm getting anxious!  I know there is a lot I'd like to have done before we officially "start" school in the fall.  We're doing a little schooling through the summer (handwriting and history) but nothing like we will do. 

So far I've:

bought and received any curriculum/books needed

put it all into http://www.homeschoolskedtrack.com/ and PER because I am not sure which I want to use.  Both are free!!

Organized my day, wether we stick to that or not is another story, but it's nice to think we will.  haha

and now I am trying to go through each subject and make sure we have everything we need as far as supplies (art supplies, paper, pencils, crayons, note cards for math, etc etc)

I'm also trying to read the book A Charlotte Mason Companion, which seems to be taking me a while. 

What have you done to get ready??  I know a lot of you school year round, or unschool.  I guess I'm just excited :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Jun. 22, 2011 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MedicMommy
by on Jun. 22, 2011 at 8:31 AM

Ummm...I've decided to homeschool. That's pretty much it :-P

RheaF
by Member on Jun. 22, 2011 at 8:38 AM

I start our "year" in January, so I have a bit before I need to get next years curriculum. I have picked it out already. I am also getting my supply list together. I wait untill Back to school shopping time to stock up on all the sales.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 22, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Oh I can't wait for back to school shopping!  Glue and Crayons here I come!  LOL

misselphaba
by on Jun. 22, 2011 at 10:41 AM

However much glue you *think* is enough...get at least three more packs!  LOL  My kids go through glue like crazy here!

Quoting Boobah:

Oh I can't wait for back to school shopping!  Glue and Crayons here I come!  LOL

mynameismuerte
by on Jun. 22, 2011 at 10:48 AM

I am SO excited for this fall since it will be our first official year for homeschooling.  I'm probably pretty well set with supplies but I know I'll buy more once those sales start rolling out, lol.

I've picked most of my curriculum and have at least started purchasing it.  I know I have a lot to do to get things "ready" but I feel like I can't tackle that until I know where we're going to be living (which there is about a 99% chance it won't be in our current state).

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2011 at 11:02 AM

You're on it!you rock

oredeb
by on Jun. 22, 2011 at 2:07 PM

wow your ready!!!

ive done nothing, i will start making some unit studies next month, planning etc. then we will start back up in sept sometime.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 22, 2011 at 10:45 PM

haha, this is our first year, I've been planning since April, so I had a head start! 

06-07mom
by on Jun. 22, 2011 at 10:59 PM

how does one go about finding curriculum? we are doing kindergarten and preschool? i haven't really done much with the kids education up to this point. Bad mom

MommaChell
by on Jun. 22, 2011 at 10:59 PM

I'm in the process too. My oldest is officially K and I want to make sure I have all the basics in mind. I'm feeling a little anxious here and there, but trying not to get stressed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN