Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What are your issues?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 5:43 AM
  • 12 Replies

Morning Ladies!!!

I was having a conversation with a friend last night about some of my quarks and was just thinking it would make an interesting topic for here :)

I have issues with messes.  I don't like my house to be all messy and with that I find that I don't have people over very often.  I'm a very social person, I love to hang out with people but I find it sooo stressful having groups over.  Or to be even more specific, groups of KIDS over.  I can't handle the in and out, the mess room to room, just all the chaos!  I feel bad because my kids of course like having friends over but it stresses me out big time.  Its just something I have to work on, my mother was the same way... akk!!!  That's reason enough to work on it! hahaha  Anywho... so what are your issues?  What little quarks do you have???

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 5:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MedicMommy
by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 6:13 AM

Me? None. I have no quirks at all. Nope, not a single one :)

Actually, I honestly can't think of any at the moment. Believe you me, I know I have one (or more) but I need more coffee before I can actually think

SimplySonita
by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 11:34 AM

I have some OCD quirks :) Many, many quirks. I'm a big weirdo going crazy

I'm picky about HOW my house is cleaned. Like the dishwasher MUST be loaded a certian way or it drives me CRAZY!

The thing with having kids over is 1st YOUR kids must be trained well. (pick up after themselves) and 2nd, your guests must be told the rules and you must be comfortable punishing them for not following rules (which many parents today aren't) I have no problem putting any child who is in my home in time out, etc....

I'm sure your kids would be happy with 1-2 friends as much as a house full. We usually save the house full of ids for Christmas and birthdays :) (which here is Nov, Dec and Jan!! LOL)

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)
Forgive any typos-I have a broken finger!!!

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

oredeb
by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 12:17 PM

i also like a clean home, so if anyone comes over they have to clean up their mess!

i'm not much of a visitor, and dont mind if no one comes over or if i dont get invited to places(that bugs my friends for some reason)

i like the cupboards closed! hahahahaha

i will leave piles of weeds all over till im done weeding and thena pick them up! that bugs my family! hahahaha

theres more im sure but i have to think!hahahahaha

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 23, 2011 at 12:58 PM

quirks... hmmm...

I have to have my laundry folded a certain way

I can't stand disorganization, however my house isn't all that organized.  LOL  drives me batty

my dishes/utensils/etc have to be put away in a certain place, I can't stand "junk" drawers. 

I don't have visitors over often because I don't feel like cleaning up after them either.  We have the most disrespectful messy family and friends.  How hard is it to pick up your plate/cup and put it in the sink or trash??  OH and no one will ever clean up their kids mess.  An entire cupcake can fall icing down on the floor and they just expect me to clean it up.  Not even a "where are your paper towels?"  (They are obviously on the wall)

oredeb
by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 5:25 PM

hahah hand them a rag and a squirt bottle!!!!!

Quoting Boobah:

quirks... hmmm...

An entire cupcake can fall icing down on the floor and they just expect me to clean it up.  Not even a "where are your paper towels?"  (They are obviously on the wall)

MommaChell
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 2:13 AM

I have a hard time NOT doing everything myself. When it comes to the kids I really do great, I encourage them to try and do things on their own and find it easy to let them. My issue is with other adults wanting to help me out. I make a horrible sick person. When I'm working with other adults I often find myself in the mindset of, it'll just be easier if I do it, or I'd rather not take the time to explain. I like having things done my own certain way (ahh, lol :S) and I really have to work at letting others help me and accepting their efforts. I'm especially inclined to be of such mindset when it comes to others interacting with my kids....I really work on biting my tongue and letting things coast. I think I do a decent job of hiding it :) it's my personal work in progress. 

MommaChell
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 2:20 AM

I too and picky about my house being clean and tidy. I have trouble functioning if things seem to messy, dirty, piled up, disorganized, or cluttered, or it they've been on my too do list for too long! We don't have many visitors, too much work involved for me. This thread made me feel better :) I sometimes think I'm an Island with my OCD quirks.

BritRose
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 2:42 AM

Wow... we are all SO much alike its Scary! 

Quirks... well where to begin, lol.  I am a total perfectionist, But its like if it cant be done Right then it doesnt get done at all.  Does that make sense?   I work part time - really only a couple hours a day, 4 days a week, but I am not able to keep up with my house very well.  And I dont want Anybody in my house when it is a mess.  There are literally only a select few people that I will let through the front door, and that is because #1 I know they arent judgmental or #2 I know that their houses are messy too!                                                                                                                                                                                     I also have a problem with wanting to do everything myself.  I dont want to have to waste my time redoing stuff that "should have been done right the first time".  Laundry and dishes are big on that list.  I Love my mother, but she doesnt have quite the same standards that I do when it comes to exactly How clean the dishes should be, or where they should be put away, or that I dont Shove my clothes into the drawers...                                                                                                                                                                            Then there is the issue of noises... I HATE to hear people eating!  It just completely Grosses me Out!  I really do try to just deal with it, but I have been known to send my kids to the other room to eat (unfortunately we are not "table eaters")  And of course my husband is a "chop slopper"... for crying out loud I can hear him chew cereal from across the room!  (sorry, even the thought makes my teeth hurt)  I also have a hard time with certain noises, like screaming kids, telephones, doorbells, etc.   This kind of makes it hard when you have a child with sensory problems who Likes loud noises.                         

Ok so I am one big walking issue.  There are many more, but those are the main ones... lol

Xakana
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 12:01 PM

I'm disabled, so I have plenty of quirks ;)

But unrelated to my disabilities: I don't like super clean houses. They make me nervous and tense. Like, at any moment, my kids will destroy the other person's hard work or I will. Totally stressful.

I also won't go over to houes where I don't know how the people parent (or if they do it in a way that's contradictory to my parenting beliefs). I don't want my kids exposed to super punitive people or people who think they can parent other people's kids. I prefer to meet those people in neutral locations so they don't go off on a power trip. I hate seeing kids being picked on so the parents can show how 'in control' they are. Ugh. My mom was like that.

I have to turn right to go into a movie theater. I will actually get stuck if there's only one entrance and it's to the left. I can go straight, too, but not left for some reason. I have absolutely no clue why! Possibly related to...

I get trapped in patterns. Like, when I'm walking, if I look down and see a pattern, I have to follow it. So I avoid looking down as much as I can when walking in stores and such. Especially the mall

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Yeah I'm not the only one with OCD's.... WOOO HOOOO... I was beginning to think I was nuts, I love you ladies!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)