Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you mind driving?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 5:48 AM
  • 10 Replies

Seems like a silly question...  but going to ask anyways!  I've noticed that many of my friends do not like to drive.  I'm a traveler.  I don't mind driving a good distance (an hour or so) to get to somewhere good or to hang with a great group of people for the day but being in a large homeschool group I've found that a lot of moms don't like to drive.  If its more than 15-20 minutes they won't venture.. ;(   I wanted to get an idea if this was pretty common all around or maybe just in my friend group.  LOL  How do you feel?

P.S.  This has nothing to do with gas prices. :) Just distance

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 5:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MedicMommy
by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 6:10 AM

Well, how I feel depends on Wyatt's mood, lol. But, generally, I love driving. I come from an area where it took an hour to get 5 miles, so now, an hour's driving can be pretty productive! If it were for a school thing, I would probably only do it every other week though, just because I am trying to stay home more and cut down on running all over the place. (Well, I guess I should say I'm trying to stay home more once I'm not working, lol) driving

FlyHippie
by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I'm a total driver. Love road trips, love going, going going!

SimplySonita
by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Nothing to do with gas prices, I'd drive forever! LOL

I LOVE to drive. Now I have back problems and do need to stop for stretching and breaks, but other than that, love it.

My kids ride well. We always have plenty of toys in the van, water bottles, radio, good CDs and DVDs and blankets :) They haven't ever been on a real road trip, but have been pretty far for their age (2+ hour drives) and they do just fine.

I don't like doing errands (driving stopping for 5 min, driving more, stopping to pay a bill, driving stopping at store #1, driving stopping at store #2, etc) but I'd love it if we could afford a cross country road trip :) and I don't mind driving an hour or more for a good field trip or a day with loved ones...

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)
Forgive any typos-I have a broken finger!!!