Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How often do you go to the movies?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 8:32 PM
  • 12 Replies

We rarely go.

We were going to go tonight for Cars 2 but it was packed out. We went out to eat first and were cutting it colse on time so we're going to see it tommorw.

My youngest isn't very into TV/movies so he's actually never been to see a movie, but the oldest has been to about 4 or 5 (he's 7)

Hubby and Iusually go out for dinner and a movie for our anniversary and then we've seen all the SAW movies in theater except the 1st and last.

I was hoping our theater would have the $1 summer movies this year but no such luck...one drawback of small towns I suppose..

That's about it for us. How about you, how often does your crew make it to the theater?

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)
Forgive any typos-I have a broken finger!!!

by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 9:11 PM

I can't even think of the last movie I saw in the theatre.  Hubby takes the older boys occasionally... but I usually stay home w/the little guy :)

Lynette
by Member on Jun. 24, 2011 at 9:17 PM

I only go for Harry Potter movies.  So yeah that's not often!  DH and the older 2 go once a year w/ my inlaws(I stay back w/ our youngest).  Thinking though this summer we are going to go to Cars @ at the Drive-in.  The last time we went to the drive-in it was when the first Cars movie was there!

Lynette-Homeschooling SAHM  of  boys ages 5 and 8 and a 2yr old girl.  Living in WI. 

Come join me in LDS Homeschoolers

hailnbray
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 9:20 PM
in the summer we have free movie tuesdays i go all summer long with the kids. when its not free i dont go. we netflic
twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2011 at 10:13 PM

not enough! i LOVe the movies & so does dd!

MommaChell
by on Jun. 24, 2011 at 11:35 PM

The kids have yet to go to one, and my hub and I go rarely. Last movie we saw in theaters was the newest Terminator, which was goooood. Before that we went to the local movie-grill (dinner movie setup) and ended up walking out. We made the mistake of attending a movie we new little of the story line to and assumed it'd be good, no such luck. In fact, I can't remember the name of it and I think it's because I purposely blocked it out.

oredeb
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 12:09 PM

couple times a month, if theres any good movies out!

we went last saturday and seen pirates of the caribeanan 3 or 4 ? not sure which number.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Sometimes, but a family of 6 is a pretty expensive trip to the movies.  Our theater has an awesome rewards system, and we have figured out how to consolidate the concessions, so it's not as bad as it could be.  We usually try to hit a matinee on hubby's days off, because it saves quite a bit.  The last movie we saw in the theater was Soul Surfer, which was awesome.

randyxtracie
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 5:36 AM

Ditto...

Quoting AbundanceMagnet:

I can't even think of the last movie I saw in the theatre.  Hubby takes the older boys occasionally... but I usually stay home w/the little guy :)

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 27, 2011 at 10:59 AM

We only go when there is a new movie that we all want to see or the kids really love like we went to see Toy Story 3 & we are going this weekend to see Cars 2!  But we don't go to the sit down theaters we go to the drive in, it is cheaper, you can bring your own food & drink & my kids can be loud & I don't have to worry about them bothering other people.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 27, 2011 at 11:02 AM

I took Julia to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs but that was months ago.  The theater close to us always smells like urine, and the one that is nice, costs $10 per ticket, and the popcorn and snacks are absolutely ridiculous. 

I'd love to go to dinner and a movie sometime soon.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN