Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What a CHORE!

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 12:32 AM
  • 20 Replies

What is the most difficult thing for you to fit into your homeschool week/day? Is it a specific household duty, a subject you don't like teaching, finding personal time? 

For me it's finding down-time, or time to relax...it seems like my day moves from one urgent matter to another constantly requiring my attention.

by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SimplySonita
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 1:39 AM

Laundry? But that has nothing to do with homeschool, it's ALWAYS been my downfall...I hate laundry!

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)
Forgive any typos-I have a broken finger!!!

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 7:58 AM

What she said

Quoting SimplySonita:

Laundry? But that has nothing to do with homeschool, it's ALWAYS been my downfall...I hate laundry!

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

Kaylon
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 8:05 AM

Laundry, House cleaning in general! :-/  Ewgh! 

oredeb
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 11:28 AM

mine would be (as i found out again today, when dh didnt have any!)roasting coffee beans for dh!!! i never find the time during the day so he doesnt have to do it at night! ya gotta sit right there with it for 20 min and watch and turn the dials and guages etc. no time during the day!

another one would be sewing on buttons! hey i should do those things at the same time!!! now that would work and i wouldnt be just sitting there!

hailnbray
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 10:19 PM

mine isnt really a chore its just clearing my head. i seem to have 800000 different thoughts and cant ever figure out what im doing. even lesson plans lately have been driving me crazy. im starting to school both kids and figuring out my sons lessons are hard. its kinder and ive done it before but it seemed so much easier with my daughter. i wish i saved the lessons. trying to figure out what needs to be done each day with cleaning and running around plus school work. im lost 90 percent of the day.

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Quoting MedicMommy:

What she said

Quoting SimplySonita:

yeah! what they said! lol :)

MommaChell
by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 1:53 AM

Quoting oredeb:

mine would be (as i found out again today, when dh didnt have any!)roasting coffee beans for dh!!! i never find the time during the day so he doesnt have to do it at night! ya gotta sit right there with it for 20 min and watch and turn the dials and guages etc. no time during the day!

another one would be sewing on buttons! hey i should do those things at the same time!!! now that would work and i wouldnt be just sitting there!

HAHAHA, I was putting those two together right as I read you doing the same =) too funny!

MommaChell
by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 1:57 AM

Quoting hailnbray:

mine isn't really a chore its just clearing my head. i seem to have 800000 different thoughts and cant ever figure out what im doing. even lesson plans lately have been driving me crazy. im starting to school both kids and figuring out my sons lessons are hard. its kinder and ive done it before but it seemed so much easier with my daughter. i wish i saved the lessons. trying to figure out what needs to be done each day with cleaning and running around plus school work. im lost 90 percent of the day.

I hear ya! Finding time to think, especially uninterrupted; I often find myself running on auto pilot lost in thought. I'll answer yes to things I should say no to, and put coffee in the kids cups, hahaha! Good thing I don't drink coffee anymore :)

MommaChell
by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 1:58 AM

Quoting Kaylon:

Laundry, House cleaning in general! :-/  Ewgh! 

Agreed. Then I end up having to play catch up on the weekends and that's such a bummer.

MommaChell
by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 2:00 AM

Laundry is hard for me to fit in too, I don't mind the washing and the drying, it's the folding and the putting away that I tend to avoid to my own dismay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)