Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is the most difficult thing for you to fit into your homeschool week/day? Is it a specific household duty, a subject you don't like teaching, finding personal time? 

For me it's finding down-time, or time to relax...it seems like my day moves from one urgent matter to another constantly requiring my attention.

by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 12:32 AM
Replies (11-20):
mom2queenie2004
by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 6:49 AM

That is the problem here too. I get to have a large pile of clean clothes on my couch for a day or two then I finally get to folding them,,,, then another day on the couch and they might get put away.... with a family of 4.... three or four days on the couch it is time for laundry to start again!

Quoting MommaChell:

Laundry is hard for me to fit in too, I don't mind the washing and the drying, it's the folding and the putting away that I tend to avoid to my own dismay.

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 9:20 AM

For me its just keeping the house up!  I feel like I would have so much more fun learning time with the kids if I just didn't have to keep the house clean!!!!  LOL 

Melissa6705
by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 10:38 AM
I am opposite. I dispise waiting for it to wash and dry

Quoting MommaChell:

Laundry is hard for me to fit in too, I don't mind the washing and the drying, it's the folding and the putting away that I tend to avoid to my own dismay.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2011 at 1:43 PM

I didn't used to be this way, but lately I seem to be so scattered.  I have trouble holding my thoughts together long enough to put them on paper or get organized in some way.  It doesn't help that these last two weeks we've been totally off kilter.  Last week we had an impromptu VBS, which was awesome, but totally threw off the schedule.  This week my niece has been staying with us, and I love her and spending time with her, but my brain is scrambled.  And, I can see the house filling with clutter around me, so I will probably spend the next day or two clearing things out so we can start all over again.  Next week we'll have our big fourth of July bbq/party at a park in town (right below the place where they show the fireworks), and we will basically camp there for the whole day, so it will be fun :).  But right now I feel so discombobulated I feel like I'm missing/forgetting/leaving out things!

Quoting MommaChell:

Quoting hailnbray:

mine isn't really a chore its just clearing my head. i seem to have 800000 different thoughts and cant ever figure out what im doing. even lesson plans lately have been driving me crazy. im starting to school both kids and figuring out my sons lessons are hard. its kinder and ive done it before but it seemed so much easier with my daughter. i wish i saved the lessons. trying to figure out what needs to be done each day with cleaning and running around plus school work. im lost 90 percent of the day.

I hear ya! Finding time to think, especially uninterrupted; I often find myself running on auto pilot lost in thought. I'll answer yes to things I should say no to, and put coffee in the kids cups, hahaha! Good thing I don't drink coffee anymore :)

Gumberly
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 6:26 PM
House cleaning and I have never been friends lol. It's a ugly circle. I am really hard on myself (or so my husband and friends tell me) so I never feel like I do enough of anything honestly. No mater how much I get done in a day it always feels like it just isn't enough.
MommaChell
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Quoting mom2queenie2004:

That is the problem here too. I get to have a large pile of clean clothes on my couch for a day or two then I finally get to folding them,,,, then another day on the couch and they might get put away.... with a family of 4.... three or four days on the couch it is time for laundry to start again!

Quoting MommaChell:

This happens at my house too! It's so WONDERFUL when I find my husband folding it :)

MommaChell
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Quoting TigerofMu:

I didn't used to be this way, but lately I seem to be so scattered.  I have trouble holding my thoughts together long enough to put them on paper or get organized in some way.  It doesn't help that these last two weeks we've been totally off kilter.  Last week we had an impromptu VBS, which was awesome, but totally threw off the schedule.  This week my niece has been staying with us, and I love her and spending time with her, but my brain is scrambled.  And, I can see the house filling with clutter around me, so I will probably spend the next day or two clearing things out so we can start all over again.  Next week we'll have our big fourth of July bbq/party at a park in town (right below the place where they show the fireworks), and we will basically camp there for the whole day, so it will be fun :).  But right now I feel so discombobulated I feel like I'm missing/forgetting/leaving out things!

Quoting MommaChell:

Quoting hailnbray:

mine isn't really a chore its just clearing my head. i seem to have 800000 different thoughts and cant ever figure out what im doing. even lesson plans lately have been driving me crazy. im starting to school both kids and figuring out my sons lessons are hard. its kinder and ive done it before but it seemed so much easier with my daughter. i wish i saved the lessons. trying to figure out what needs to be done each day with cleaning and running around plus school work. im lost 90 percent of the day.

I hear ya! Finding time to think, especially uninterrupted; I often find myself running on auto pilot lost in thought. I'll answer yes to things I should say no to, and put coffee in the kids cups, hahaha! Good thing I don't drink coffee anymore :)

I find it hard to think or focus when everything is a mess, seriously irritates me! 

MommaChell
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Quoting Gumberly:

House cleaning and I have never been friends lol. It's a ugly circle. I am really hard on myself (or so my husband and friends tell me) so I never feel like I do enough of anything honestly. No mater how much I get done in a day it always feels like it just isn't enough.

I could have written your post myself! Same here.

MommaChell
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Quoting AbundanceMagnet:

For me its just keeping the house up!  I feel like I would have so much more fun learning time with the kids if I just didn't have to keep the house clean!!!!  LOL 

I'd so rather be living life with my family, than doing chores. I find having one day a week dedicated to housework really helps. I get to spend the rest of my week focusing mainly on my family life.

MommaChell
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Quoting Melissa6705:

I am opposite. I dispise waiting for it to wash and dry

Quoting MommaChell:

I have NO idea what that's like, hahaha! I usually get busy and have to remember to change it over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN