Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Is anyone familiar with or subscribe to Home Education Magazine. I'm thinking of subscribing and I haven't heard enough about it to be sold just yet. Do you recommend any other magz for homeschool?

by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 12:36 AM
Replies (11-20):
pamr95
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 10:23 AM

BUMP

luvthesoap
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 10:55 AM

I LOV

luvthesoap
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 10:57 AM

I meant to say that I LOVE HEM! I get a few homeschooling magazines, but it's my favorite. They have a realxed/unschooling flavor.

Betty in KY

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 27, 2011 at 10:59 AM

I love magazines.  I can't afford to subscribe to many, so I need to pick just one.  I'll be watching to see if one sticks out more than another. 

I prefer articles to advertisements.  Any suggestions on that?  LOL

MommaChell
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Great feed-back, thanks Mommas!

countjb
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 7:32 PM

The free sample request is under "Contact Us".

Lynette
by Member on Jul. 1, 2011 at 7:34 PM

yep!  I decided to subscribe to it.  Secular, relaxed, unschooling flavor, that's a good description!

Quoting luvthesoap:

I meant to say that I LOVE HEM! I get a few homeschooling magazines, but it's my favorite. They have a realxed/unschooling flavor.

Betty in KY

Lynette-Homeschooling SAHM  of  boys ages 5 and 8 and a 2yr old girl.  Living in WI. 

Come join me in LDS Homeschoolers

MommaChell
by on Jul. 4, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Quoting countjb:

The free sample request is under "Contact Us".

:) thanks

LindaClement
by on Jul. 4, 2011 at 5:32 PM

I'm familiar with it. It's got a lot of different ideas and approaches, and often great arguments and facts for those a little wobbly in their homeschooling decision.

Overall, it was too 'schooly' for my style, and by the time I ran into it I was rock-solid in my decision and found the preaching to the choir a little tedious.

I like Natural Learning Magazine, too... but never subscribed for the same reasons.

MommaChell
by on Jul. 4, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Quoting LindaClement:

I'm familiar with it. It's got a lot of different ideas and approaches, and often great arguments and facts for those a little wobbly in their homeschooling decision.

Overall, it was too 'schooly' for my style, and by the time I ran into it I was rock-solid in my decision and found the preaching to the choir a little tedious.

I like Natural Learning Magazine, too... but never subscribed for the same reasons.

Thanks for the lead, I'll be checking that one out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN