Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Getting supported :)

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 12:39 AM
  • 5 Replies

Where do you find the most support; an online group, a blog, a magazine or newsletter, friends, family, IRL group? What's it like for you?

by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SimplySonita
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 1:34 AM

Online, no doubt.

Somone is always online to answer my questions or hear my rant! LOL

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)
Forgive any typos-I have a broken finger!!!

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

oredeb
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 12:02 PM

friends, online groups, family

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Def online!  I'd say facebook honestly. I'm big on sharing and its so uplifting to have friends comment positively :) 

katzmeow726
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2011 at 9:51 PM
Online, here mostly. Friends and family are not very supportive at all. Save for my mother in law. My dad is the worst, constantly asking me things and pointing out personal flaws that he feels will hinder or mess up homeschooling. Jee thanks dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaChell
by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 2:14 AM

I can often feel cut off from the world, being so wrapped up in our little family unit. I'm so busy all the time and so is our extended family. We've been here for 2 years and haven't had the opportunity to build up a social network IRL. All my IRL buddies live in other states or cities and I don't know any other homeschoolers IRL either. I'm so glad to have found connections online, I'd be lost without them! I do get support from my MIL, she's awesome and visits at least every other week. The rest of my family doesn't say much or stop by, but they do positively comment on how knowledgeable and respectfully mature my little troop is when they're around them. In fact, a few times I've seen my kids knock my in-laws figurative socks off with a response or mature reaction. It's moments like those that I'm reaping the rewards in earnest :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)