Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ya, Moms got SKILLZ =)

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 12:45 AM
  • 7 Replies

It can be so easy to pick out, and pick on, what we see as our own shortcomings- but what about all the things we're awesome at!?! What do you think you're best skill/ability/characteristic is as a homeschooling mom?

we rock

by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SimplySonita
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 1:38 AM

The fact that I don't push my way on the kids. I observe them and listen to them and find a way for them to learn that's best for them.

I'm so unschool at heart, but my 4 year old especially is craving school-like structure so as much as it pains me LOL I'm planning and plotting away for more school-like structure for him this year...

My oldest hates to write. So we let him blog or type for the actual writing process or he can narrate to me. Then we do fun things for handwriting, make cards, dry erase board, chalk board, etc...

I can admit when somehting isn't workign and change gears so it does work for my kids-that's my strength as a parent and a homeschool teacher.

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)
Forgive any typos-I have a broken finger!!!

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 8:01 AM

I was going to start a post like this today! I love that we're on the smae wavelength.

I love that I accept my son for who he is, and I'm not trying to mold him into something else. I tend to let him make his own mistakes, so he can learn from them, rather than just telling him something isn't a good idea. (As long as it's safe, of course)

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

oredeb
by debbie on Jun. 25, 2011 at 11:38 AM

as someone else said, i make learning fun.

whats your mommachell??

MommaChell
by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 2:26 AM

I have a huge thirst for knowledge and I am not a quitter! I remind my kids, and myself, often that we can always try. If something isn't going well I don't give up, but I don't try and blow out light-bulbs either. I'll take whatever it is and put a pin in it, work on it mentally, until I come up with a different approach, or perhaps something all together better! I apply this everyday with my kids and my life in general. I believe it's one of my greatest aids in providing my kids with the best education I can.

MommaChell
by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 2:27 AM

Quoting SimplySonita:

The fact that I don't push my way on the kids. I observe them and listen to them and find a way for them to learn that's best for them.

I'm so unschool at heart, but my 4 year old especially is craving school-like structure so as much as it pains me LOL I'm planning and plotting away for more school-like structure for him this year...

My oldest hates to write. So we let him blog or type for the actual writing process or he can narrate to me. Then we do fun things for handwriting, make cards, dry erase board, chalk board, etc...

I can admit when somehting isn't workign and change gears so it does work for my kids-that's my strength as a parent and a homeschool teacher.

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)
Forgive any typos-I have a broken finger!!!