Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Give me your tips on how to slay the laundry monster!

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 1:41 AM
  • 22 Replies

Seriously, I. HATE. Laundry.

Hate it.

Despise it.

Can't stand it.

Loathe it.

What are your tips for making laundry fun? Managable?

Help me slay my laundry monster!

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)
Forgive any typos-I have a broken finger!!!

by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 1:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerina.2006
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 1:53 AM
I just do it. Its a lot easier to wash, dry, fold then put away when baskets are full. Its also easier to do 1-2 loads a day then 7loads on one day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MedicMommy
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 7:48 AM

HA HA...I'm the opposite. I let it pile up. But I have the energy efficient front loaders, so it doesn't take as long.

I try to save my favorite DVR'd shows for when I'm folding laundry. That way I'm concentrating more on what I'm watching than what I'm doing

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

oredeb
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 11:47 AM

disposible clothes???

take em off and toss em into the garbage!!!

haha

one thing i started young with my kids was each child got a basket and trained them to put there clothes in the basket at first, as they got older they'd have to bring the basket to the laundry room and i'd show them how to wash clothes. ya have to be consistant at it! and it does pay off when they are older! that means washing and folding and putting away

its was part of the chores list for each child.

and i was always sooo thankful i had a washing machine!! there were times when we didnt or the pipes froze and had to do them by hand in the tub.

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Daily and a HUGE washing machine... that's how we do it.  I couldn't keep it up before I got our new HE washing machine... LOL  Good LUCK! 

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Quoting SimplySonita:

Seriously, I. HATE. Laundry.

Hate it.

Despise it.

Can't stand it.

Loathe it.

What are your tips for making laundry fun? Managable?

Help me slay my laundry monster!

my tip...get someone to do it for you! lol :) i seriously hate it!

MommaChell
by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 1:46 AM

Wow, I would HATE to have to wash our laundry by hand in the tub....just reading that I want to go downstairs and hug my washer and dryer!!! I will be keeping oredeb's advice in mind, my littles are almost ready for something like that.

I recruit my kids and hubby. If it weren't for my 4yro's awesome washcloth, hand-towel, and sock folding, my son knowing which drawers are his, and my hubby being willing to fold and put things away that I don't get too (he kinda has to since I pile it on our bed, hehehe) I'd really be in for it! My littlest one ends up putting things away...just in ODD places, lol.

It seems as though the Laundry Monster is a hydra :( you could always go with the disposable clothes suggestion, that just might kill him.

SAHMinIL2
by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 9:06 AM

I do ONE load a day; two loads on Saturday. I rotate the bedding so every saturday I'm waching bedding, but not always the same bedding. For example yesterday was my nephew's bedding. Next Saturday will be my bedding, the saturday after will be my daughters, then the following Saturday my son's-then start the cycle over again.

In the winter there was always enough for a full load everyday. Now that it's summer and our clothing is lighter I don't ways have a enough for a full load everyday so now I'm washing every other day, but my routine includes first things when I wake up on my way to the kitchen to stop off in the laundry room to start a load. If there isn't enough for a load then I don't do anything that day.--unless I need it washed.  For example this morning I had only about 1/2 load of laundry, but I had the kids swimming gear from yesterday to wash and I wanted it washed before it started to mold, etc.

SimplySonita
by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Oh I have a nice, large HE washer and dryer...The kids do help with the laundry when I do it LOL

I guess I should suck it up, put on my big girl panties and make today laundry day to try and catch up!

I need to get back to my flylady routine!

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)
Forgive any typos-I have a broken finger!!!