Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What has been your FAVORITE homechool field trip?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 1:45 AM
  • 12 Replies

Tell me about your favorite homeschool field trip so far!

Share a link in case others on the board are near by.

Share a blog post or photos about it.

(I'll share mine after a few of you share yours!)

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)
Forgive any typos-I have a broken finger!!!

by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 11:55 AM

there wasnt any blogs or comp. when we did our favorite ones! ours were researching old old towns and then going to them, digging around, taking pictures, talking to the old timers,of course we always had a picnic or camped out there for a couple days, etc. those were our funnest ones i think, well there the ones that i remember the most!

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Wow  I don't even know... I would have to say 2yrs ago to Sanibel/Captiva Island for vacation... turned out to be a very educational trip.  We saw sooo many sea creatures and visited a local aquarium.  We were still fairly new to homeschooling then as well.  No blogs or links on this one.  There are some pics on my facebook :) 

MommaChell
by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 2:44 AM

Quoting AbundanceMagnet:

Wow  I don't even know... I would have to say 2yrs ago to Sanibel/Captiva Island for vacation... turned out to be a very educational trip.  We saw sooo many sea creatures and visited a local aquarium.  We were still fairly new to homeschooling then as well.  No blogs or links on this one.  There are some pics on my facebook :) 

Ours has been the Fort Worth Zoo, but we'r really looking forward to the aquarium.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2011 at 1:56 PM

https://sites.google.com/site/freshwateracademy/home/destination-learning

Here's a listing of places we've been, but I forgot you have to have a password to get to the photos...well, not a password, but be a member of Shutterfly.  I don't want everyone in the world to be able to see them, but let me see if I can tweak it a little to share with you ladies :).

Okay, it should let you in if you click the link now.

http://fwadistancelearning.shutterfly.com/pictures#n_5

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2011 at 1:57 PM

I just realized I need to add some updates!!!

momversuswild
by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Washington D.C.

peacelovingmom
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 2:13 PM

The Renaissance Festival every Fall and also went we went on a tour of Jungle Jim's. I just joined a homeschool group and in Sept. they start taking field trips on Wednesdays. I look forward to that.

swim-mom72
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 8:30 PM

We did a behind a behind the scenes tour of a movie theatre and my boys thought that was really cool. Our zoo here in Houston has homeschooling days and classes throughout the year that we all love. We have also done a photo hike at a national preserve. But, our most memorable has to be when we went to the Attorney General's office and he gave us a tour of the courthouse and jail. The head guard even put some of the kids in handcuffs and in a holding cell!

Melissa6705
by on Jun. 28, 2011 at 9:57 AM
The bread factory was really cool or maybe the renaissance festival
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa6705
by on Jun. 28, 2011 at 9:59 AM
Your from DFW? We love the zoo and the membership is not expensive at all.

Quoting MommaChell:

Quoting AbundanceMagnet:

Ours has been the Fort Worth Zoo, but we'r really looking forward to the aquarium.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)