Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What has been your FAVORITE homechool field trip?

Posted by   + Show Post

Tell me about your favorite homeschool field trip so far!

Share a link in case others on the board are near by.

Share a blog post or photos about it.

(I'll share mine after a few of you share yours!)

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)
Forgive any typos-I have a broken finger!!!

by on Jun. 25, 2011 at 1:45 AM
Replies (11-12):
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Fossil Rim Wildlife Park in Glen Rose, TX; Polar Express at the IMAX in Fort Worth; the Denver Zoo and Denver Museum of Nature and Science, local things like the National Interpretive Historic Trails Center, a Fort we have here in town, the library, and the local art museum.

FlyHippie
by on Jun. 28, 2011 at 11:50 PM

My favorite so far was taking a road trip through NM...seeing the Indian Reservations and learning about them....then on to the grand canyon where we used geology lessons...then on to the Hoover Dam where we used history and had done a whole lesson on the building of it. The tour was AWESOME...then to Vegas where we had tons of fun...

We did another one when he went to camp in OK one year...we drove from TX through Arkansas and saw "The Passion Play"...(he was learning some Christianity stuff...we're Buddhist...so it was interesting to him)...then on to Branson, Missouri...where we did some history stuff...and then through KS on Route 66 then to Oklahoma...but for this road trip, HE had to give me ALL the directions using a map. So there's the map reading!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN