Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I was wondering what type(s) of exercise you ladies do and how you go about fitting it in to your schedul. I know some people prefer aerobics, but only in a group, so they take a class, some people prefer walking treadmill style or yoga in the comfort of their homes, etc. With the busy life we homeschool moms have I believe it can be a real challenge finding time to fit even a 15-20 minute exercise segment in. I was hoping I might learn something from your experiences and possibly get some new ideas to spice up my routine!

I power walk on the treadmill and do some strength training a few times a week for about a half hour total. I haven't been consistent with it the last few weeks. I use to run and hope to get back to that point eventually. I also count all the daily physical exercise I get interacting with my Littles :) Any suggestions on getting fit?

by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 11:38 PM
Replies (21-26):
MommaChell
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Very inventive and fun ideas Ladies :D

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 9:14 PM

I have to say....I was freaking out, because I finally started to enjoy my exercise routine, and now I'm "benched" I weighed myself today, and even with this thing, I weigh less than I did a week and a half ago (pre-cast) So I'm doing something right! I'm just more aware of how stationary I am, and trying to watch what I eat. Plus using crutches is a work out!

Now that the adominal stitches are out, I think I'm going to do sit ups. Anyone have any other ideas for weight loss exercises one can do without using legs?

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

fygfitness_mom
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 9:42 PM

I am starting Power 90 this Sunday and I couldn't be more excited!

We are very into healthy lifestyle choices. We are a family of vegetarians and love, love, love to be active. We have decided that this year we are going to start a Kids Fit Club in our area for other homeschool/virtual school families to help them stay fit and better understand living healthy.

I also love to run, practice yoga and try new things.

It can be so difficult to fit it in and the only way for us to do it is to view it as being just as big or bigger of a priority than anything else we do. Physically, mental and emotional fitness are just as important as anything my girls are going to learn in a school book and that is something I want them to take with them as they grow.

We also have the WiiFit and the girls love playing with it during their down time. Also starting this year I am going to trade in my office chair a few hours a day for a exercise ball. Better for posture and core. It will also help my balance, bum and thighs...very excited.

padavali
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 10:12 PM

I get up at 5:30, before DD and DH wake up and run every other day, and on those off days, alternate between walking or biking.  If it is raining, I will put in a workout video and have my DD follow along.  

MommaChell
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Both of you have made me miss running again *sigh*. I really enjoy it....the conditioning, not so much :S , lol!

wowguildmomma
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 6:54 AM

I have a tai chi and a yoga dvd from http://www.gaiam.com/ . I usually do it right at the start of the day and end of the day. my kids have started doing it with me which is just fine by me. I also help them practice thier moves for thier martial arts class and part of that is 4 sets of 10 squats and some push ups and sit ups. They like that mommy does it with them. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN