Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Threadup.com!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 12:17 AM
  • 3 Replies

Until this week, I had not heard of this really cool operation: Threadup.com. I stumbled on it about two days before Sonita recommended it in reply to my Yard Sale in Texas post. It's neat!

How it works-

You sign up for free and they send you your free boxs to fill. There's even a video on the site that shows you the best way to pack you're boxs- they're USPS medium priority flat rate boxes.

Get familiar with the website, even create a practice box to see how it works. Browse the list of thousands of boxes full of preloved kids clothes/toys, and currently they're having a summer book swap - just $5 per box (+ $10.95 USPS shipping). They also offer ways to get cash/credit towards boxes! Then, wait for your box to be delivered to your doorstep in just a couple of days. 

Post your own box of preloved goodies your child no longer wears- I found it to be a fun and quick little process.

When another member picks your box, send it 100% free of charge. Keep in mind they provide the boxes, postage, and even schedule the pick-up! 

I'm currently waiting to get my free boxes so I can fill them up! Hope this is new and helpful to some of you. Bests~

by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 11:58 AM

That's really cool! :) 

oredeb
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 12:07 PM

interesting

MommaChell
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 4:41 PM

I just got my boxes (empty ones to pack) yesterday, now I've got to sort and pack them! I'm SOOOOOOO happy to think that I'll be getting out with the old and, hopefully, in with the new-to-me soon after!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN