Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Would you ever have your home professionally cleaned?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 12:36 AM
  • 31 Replies

I've seen a good share of adds for home cleaning services and I mindlessly dismiss them; who could ever clean my house well enough to make it worth my buck? Ya right, I'm way to particular! I've had my carpets cleaned, but that's as far as I've cared to go. I came accross one the other day and actually found myself thinking how wonderful it would be if my house could be cleaned to my liking without me ever having to lift a finger to help....in fact, I wouldn't even need to be home! I could be off somewhere enjoying an outing and come home to a tidy-righty household = bliss (provided It didn't cost out the nose) :)  At some point in my daydreaming, I got to wondering how other moms might think about house cleaning services. I know some of you own cleaning business yourselves. What's your opinion and why?

by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SimplySonita
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 3:27 AM

In a heartbeat if I could afford it! LOL

Def go with one that's insured.

I've cleaned houses for a living beofre. My mom owned her own business and I helped and when I was in my eary 20's worked for another comapny as well.

House cleaning business do things weekly I don't normally do but monthly or every 6 months or so like clean base boards. They also get it done fast because they don't have to stop to answer the phone, walk the dog or answer a homeschooling question or change the TV channel LOL

When I worked for another company we had a very detailed list of what to & how long it should take.

I remember cleaning once house that Iwas like WHAT!?!?! They were hoarders and we cleaned around stuff. No joke. ALL the kitchen counters were covered in packaged food, we wiped the edge of the counter. We vacuumed a path not much wider than the vacuum through the bedrooms and living room, etc. CRAZY!

We didn't do picking up (mom's biz or the other company) we just cleaned around stuff.

My hubby was out of work for 2 years and is now working for a temp service. He's actually eligable for full time soon so I've already started pricing local businesses for monthly and bi-weekly cleaning! LOL I doubt I'll be able to afford it for quite some time but a girl can dream!

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)
Forgive any typos-I have a broken finger!!!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 27, 2011 at 11:07 AM

I have dreamt about it, but you pretty much have to clean your house, before they clean your house.  So picking up everything, organizing and putting away so they can clean the basic stuff.  Well, if I've already done that, I might as well clean as well! 

My dream is to have a professional organizing team come in, and completely organize my home, THEN have someone come in and clean it.  haha  They must do laundry as well.  hahahaha  (hey, I said it was a dream)

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 11:49 AM

I actually clean houses for a living.  I'm very picky and most of my clients I've had for 5+yrs.  I don't know that I would have someone clean my house though because I do it for a living, not sure I could just enjoy it without  finding something missed.  LOL   The thought it nice though

oredeb
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 12:13 PM

ohhh that'd be nice!!!  come home to a nice clean house once a week!

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Quoting oredeb:

ohhh that'd be nice!!!  come home to a nice clean house once a week!

Problem I find is I clean daily... I'd have to have someone in atleast twice a week to keep my sanity... LMFAO  yep I'm a nut!

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2011 at 1:00 PM

I have.  I used to be a single working mother, and my parents got my house cleaned for my birthday one year.  It was such a blessing!  When I moved here, I found a local lady who did a great job.  We kept it picked up, she would just come in once a week and vaccuum, sweep, mop, clean the bathroom.  It kept me motivated to keep things picked up, and it made sure my house always got the deep cleaning it needed, even if I had meetings or birthday parties, or just wanted to spend time with my girl.  

I doubt I would now, because I am home all the time, and I have four able bodied young ladies who can help me!

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2011 at 2:37 PM

If I could afford it I would 

ElectraSpy
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 3:09 PM

For a deep clean that would be awesome!! but I'm the type that would clean before the housecleaner would arrive and then her & I (because I couldn't just stand back while someone cleans my house) would clean it all again with more attention to detail.

I wonder, would that be a housekeeper annoyance?

countjb
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 3:26 PM

I'd love to have my house professionally cleaned just to get the nasty jobs done that I don't like to do. My walls need washing, all of my drapes need washing and ironing, my windows need cleaning, and my kitchen cabinets could use a washing down. I don't mind the routine stuff like dusting, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom, changine the bed linens, and washing the floors, but I put the other jobs off as long as possible.

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Quoting ElectraSpy:

For a deep clean that would be awesome!! but I'm the type that would clean before the housecleaner would arrive and then her & I (because I couldn't just stand back while someone cleans my house) would clean it all again with more attention to detail.

I wonder, would that be a housekeeper annoyance?

Being a housecleaner.. I'll answer this... uhh yes.  hehehe  I do much better coming in and getting down to details.  Too difficult trying to work along side someone when you have different ways <hugs>

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN