Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What's your favorite recipe book or site?

Posted by   + Show Post

These can be so helpful and time saving. What's you're favorite go to?

by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 12:43 AM
Replies (11-15):
MedicMommy
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 9:38 PM

Imake a lot of stuff on the fly. Usually when I want a specific recipe, I just Google it, then pick the one that looks the best

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 3, 2011 at 8:24 AM
I usually just google if I'm looking for a recipe but 99% of the time it takes me here.

Quoting LostTheSlipper:

Have to go with allrecipes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaChell
by on Jul. 4, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Hahaha, I'll google too! Sometimes I'll start thinking about supper and happen to be on the computer, I get ideas mainly, then I go see what my books have to offer :) I have a bad habit of skimming recipes and them making up my own Franken-recipes from the bits I like....sometimes it's a win and sometime a big'ol flop :S

LindaClement
by on Jul. 4, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Oh, me too!

I think I have more than 100. My current faves are Bite Size (all small portions, like tapas and mezze), James Barber's Cooking for 2, and most of Rachael Ray's (I have most of them)...

I have a great soup book called Vegetarian Soups for All Seasons that I make something out of about once a month... and (for reference purposes, mostly) Joy of Cooking.

Quoting MommaChell:

I'm actually a fan of recipe books :) I like laying in bed and thumbing through them. I currently picked up a neat one called Viva La Vegan, that I'm enjoying- it's family friendly. I have one called 5 a day fruits and vegetables (I think that's the title anyway) that was formerly titled the Fruit and Vegetable Bible. It is a really cool recipe book. I often use it for reference when identifying produce and how to use it. I've used Vegweb.com a few times, but mainly for referencing cook times/substitutions/additional ideas or ingredients.

MommaChell
by on Jul. 4, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Quoting LindaClement:

Oh, me too!

I think I have more than 100. My current faves are Bite Size (all small portions, like tapas and mezze), James Barber's Cooking for 2, and most of Rachael Ray's (I have most of them)...

I have a great soup book called Vegetarian Soups for All Seasons that I make something out of about once a month... and (for reference purposes, mostly) Joy of Cooking.

Quoting MommaChell:

I'm actually a fan of recipe books :) I like laying in bed and thumbing through them. I currently picked up a neat one called Viva La Vegan, that I'm enjoying- it's family friendly. I have one called 5 a day fruits and vegetables (I think that's the title anyway) that was formerly titled the Fruit and Vegetable Bible. It is a really cool recipe book. I often use it for reference when identifying produce and how to use it. I've used Vegweb.com a few times, but mainly for referencing cook times/substitutions/additional ideas or ingredients.

I've heard good things about the Vegetarian Soups for All Season's book. What's your fav recipe? I like soup a lot!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)