Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

special needs and using time

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 9:21 AM
  • 2 Replies

I cant find a board that is active with lots of people for special needs homeschooling, but my question today is about the siblings:

My son currently goes to therapy 3 days a week 1hr 2days and 2hrs 1 day. During the 1 hr we sit and wait (6yo and 1yo). I carry a backpack full of toys. I am thinking about making about 30 min of the 1hr days her math time. (at least for summer). We have a math workbook to work through. We do hands on math in other places and with stuff. What do you think??

The other 1 day we do library and grocery shopping in the 2 hrs. A very loud boy who stims off of sound does not mix well in the library (ive been shhshd everytime and get dirty dirty looks-just not worth it). So its better to go without him.

by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
hailnbray
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 9:26 AM

i home school my special needs daughter so shes normally not the one waiting however we always take stuff with us and she sits and does worksheets or reads a few pages of the story etc.

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I think taking that one on one time to do school stuff is a fabulous idea!  When doing book work stuff with my boys I usually seperate them... we get so much more done that way! :)  Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN