Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

CARS 2

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 9:34 PM
  • 12 Replies

Has anybody seen this yet?  I was all excited about taking my son (3) but I've heard that it has death and killing and well, he's a PBS kid.  I've heard some parents say that it's fine, but others say it shouldn't be "G".  He has seen CARS and loved it.  He's seen Toystory 1, but didn't really care for it.  Other than that he's seen Curious George 1 & 2, and The Princess and the Frog. 

What are your thoughts on CARS 2 if you have seen it?  Are you gonna take your kid(s) to see it?

Loving wife ...Proud Homeschooling Mama ...TTC#2 ...BLOGGING it all on the way...Follow me at Throwing Marshmallows

by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2queenie2004
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 9:48 PM

I am not sure if we will or not. I was not fond of ToyStory1 and 3... where they are all facing a firey death and the realization of that... UGH that is not for children!

We saw Princess and the Frog and regreted it... the whole shadow man thing was too much for us. Shreck 3 was not a big hit around here either.

Hubby and I will have to watch it first and then we will decide if they can see it. They will just have to wait until it comes out on DVD.

mom2queenie2004
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 9:49 PM

You can check this out too

http://www.commonsensemedia.org/

SimplySonita
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Went to see it Saturday.

7 year old loved Cars 1 and loved Cars 2

4 year old loved Cars 1 and was ready to leave less than 1/2 way through Cars 2.

They are serious fans of Cars 1-that's what their room is done in.

I'm picky about what my kids watch but never really sheltered them from violence too, too much.

I think the whole theate experience might have been a bit too much for my youngest-he told me several times that it was loud...but other than that, I think the story line may be a bit to complicated and fast moving for younger children.

My 7 year old loved it.

It's very James Bond-ish. Mater accidently becomes a spy. I wouldn't call it violent but it is action packed for sure.

It's cute and funny, but honestly wasn't as good as I thought it would be....

I wouldn't pay movie theater prices for it again...I'd wait for the DVD...

swim-mom72
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 10:37 PM

We just went today and LOVED it. HOWEVER, my boys are 10 & 13 and the content and plot were very much for their ages. For for younger kids, like 6 and under, I would say to wait for DVD or skip it. The plot moves very fast, has an undercover group that kill other cars and attempt to kill Mater and Lightning. As someone mentioned already, it is very James Bondish, but that was the appeal for my guys because they are fans of all the classic JB films.

jenifuz
by on Jun. 28, 2011 at 8:49 AM
We took our family to a special screening that dh's work had and wer liked it. The two youngest were done before the movie but they are 2. The other 3 loved it. (ages 9, 6, and 3) my daughter thought the theater was too loud but liked the movie. Like everyone said, it's more of a spy movie than a racing movie. There are quite a few clips that you can watch on I think it's Disney's website that should give you a good idea off what the majority of the movie is like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SouthernMama08
by on Jun. 28, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Thanks ladies.  My husband and I decided to wait until it came out on DVD and watch it before we let our son.  I have a feeling he's not going to like it as much as 1 since its more spy than racing ("HE" being my son AND my husband!). 

As it is, I think we will wait until Winnie the Pooh.  :-)

jeng1980
by Member on Jun. 28, 2011 at 4:33 PM

I completely agree with every word that you said in this reply.  I have a 7 year old son, 5 year old daughter, and 2 year old son.  It is action packed for sure.  I could hardly follow it so I know it was hard for my 2 year old to.  My daughter just liked it because she was able to go do something and got a treat while there.  LOL!  The 2 year old thought it was loud as well and he was a little wiggle worm for some parts.  I thought it was really cute and the storyline for me was very unexpected.  It went from a simple storyline to complex.  7 year olds would appreciate it if they liked Cars.  We took our 7 year old to see Cars at the theater too.  His bedding is Cars.  2 year old just liked the reving of the motors.  LOL!  He is def his father's child.  My DH loves drag racing, hot rods, classic cars, and such.

Quoting SimplySonita:

Went to see it Saturday.

4 year old loved Cars 1 and was ready to leave less than 1/2 way through Cars 2.

I'm picky about what my kids watch but never really sheltered them from violence too, too much.

I think the whole theate experience might have been a bit too much for my youngest-he told me several times that it was loud...but other than that, I think the story line may be a bit to complicated and fast moving for younger children.

My 7 year old loved it.

It's very James Bond-ish. Mater accidently becomes a spy. I wouldn't call it violent but it is action packed for sure.

momversuswild
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Thanks for the reviews.  They were helpful to me also.

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Quite honestly, ALL of the Disney movies have things that, if we think about them, we wouldn't want our kids watching. I think that's why Disney appeals to adults too. For the most part, they are subtle, and intended for grown ups to get, not kids. Kinda like the spy stuff in Cars. Little ones won't "get it" but maybe they aren't meant to, it's meant for the big kids (like Dad, lol)

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

Melissa6705
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 11:18 AM
My husband is into classic cars and hot rods too. He has a show truck and hs won a few prizes

Quoting jeng1980:

I completely agree with every word that you said in this reply.  I have a 7 year old son, 5 year old daughter, and 2 year old son.  It is action packed for sure.  I could hardly follow it so I know it was hard for my 2 year old to.  My daughter just liked it because she was able to go do something and got a treat while there.  LOL!  The 2 year old thought it was loud as well and he was a little wiggle worm for some parts.  I thought it was really cute and the storyline for me was very unexpected.  It went from a simple storyline to complex.  7 year olds would appreciate it if they liked Cars.  We took our 7 year old to see Cars at the theater too.  His bedding is Cars.  2 year old just liked the reving of the motors.  LOL!  He is def his father's child.  My DH loves drag racing, hot rods, classic cars, and such.

Quoting SimplySonita:

Went to see it Saturday.

My 7 year old loved it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)