Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Inside or Outside?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 2:46 PM
  • 7 Replies

Do your kids like being inside or outside more? 

I find that my 11, 9, and 7yr old are more home bodies.  They love their video games, movies, and just being home.  They will go outside sometimes with their friends but would rather be indoors.  My youngest (2) always wants to go go go and usually cries when its time to come inside. 

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MedicMommy
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Wyatt's the same. He'd rather be inside. We have a great big Amish built swingset, and he's inside looking at it. He does go outside if it's to put out pretend fires with the garden hose though.

Now, if he has friends over, he'll play outside. I think he just gets bored on his own

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

oredeb
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 7:55 PM

outside!!!

MommaTasha1003
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 8:05 PM

She loves both.. Somedays she would prefer to stay inside all day, but then i try to get her out for a lil' bit. Its good to get some sun ever day :-)

If I let her watch tv/ play video games I dont think she would go outside as much.. But she can only have tv in the morning (or special times during the day) and video games after dinner time..

She has a swingset, sandbox, a small pool (i put the small pool under her slide- she loves it!) and then we have a big pool for when me/daddy want to go swimming with her. Oh & we have a Labrador who is a great playmate outside with her too.

timon95
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 10:07 PM

i like being inside more....i hate bugs! my kids like to go outside though.

MommaChell
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 1:37 AM

It depends, my sons generally want to be outside and my girl wants to be inside....in the kitchen with me, hahaha! They all really enjoy being outside just in different ways. My boys are fantastic at entertaining themselves, my daughter usually requires more interaction. Once I get them busy thought, they're good- put kids outside with dirt & water= muddy entertained kids.

FlyHippie
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Ooooh....mine is OUTSIDE. The minute he can, he's out. He comes home at dark, haha! Even when we do school, he takes a break between subjects and goes outside for a 10 minute break...or we do school outside... Give my boy a skateboard or a ball or a bike....he's golden. Heck, he doesn't even need that. There's been MANY times he's brought home critters from the pond out back...crawdads, etc. even snakes or "hand caught" fish...

Yeah, getting him to stay inside is more of a challenge! LOL!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 1, 2011 at 3:55 PM
The girls LOVE to be outside. But they get hot easy so they don't last too long on hot days.
I seem to have better days when I can get outside as well. I can be having the worst day, step outside on the deck and it melts away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN