Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Any extra activities?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 2:59 PM
  • 9 Replies

Are your kids involved in any extra activities?  Sports, etc?  My kids aren't.  They used to do soccer when they were little, now they have no interest. :( 

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MedicMommy
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 3:02 PM

I so wanted to be a soccer or baseball mom. The problem is that Wyatt doesn't want to be a sports kid. Which is totally fine. I do want to get him in swimming lessons this summer. Starting this fall, I want him in some kind of organized activity. I'm leaning towards tae kwan do

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 3:13 PM

So glad to hear my kids aren't the only ones.. sometimes I worry that they are so into just being home... but they are happy so I guess that's what is most important! :)   Oh well no Soccer mom sticker on my car for me LOL

misselphaba
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 3:20 PM

My daughter has swim lessons on Saturday (we are pretty sure it'll turn into swim team at some point in the future - the girl is a total mermaid), Options on Tuesday during the school year (it's her first year - Kindergarten), ballet/tap on Monday evenings, and vision therapy every other Tuesday morning (until Options starts back up).  She wants violin, which we will do *after* she's done with vision therapy.  She also wants to play soccer and take Tae Kwon Do... 

My son has archery with the Junior Olympic Archery Development team on Saturdays, and tournaments one Sunday a month, Options on Tuesday, and he wants guitar lessons.  He's pretty happy with just those things. 

Options is a homeschool enrichment program through our public school system.  The site they go to is NOT academic based, but rather fun based.  They learn a LOT (well, my son does, my daughter hasn't started yet), but there's no homework, no worksheet assignments, etc.  They do a lot of the art and science stuff that's really too hard sometimes to do at home.  Oh, and they have a chorus, so Kael takes music and sings in the chorus there. 

My daugher *does* do more than my son and *wants* to do EVERYTHING!  We try and limit her, but we also like to give her a chance to try everything.  The only problem is that once she tries something, she never wants to give it up.  LOL 

My son is that way.  He says he *wants* guitar lessons, but when I said I found him a teacher, he changed his mind.  He does love archery, though.  I think he's just the kind of kid who is happy with his one thing.

I never wanted to do any activities, either, until I discovered I was really good at swimming and joined a swim team.  I think your kids will find something they want to do and then they'll do it. 

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jun. 29, 2011 at 5:41 PM
My kids are all inScouts. 2 Boy scouts and a Brownie girl scout.

We all do Okinawa-te karate.

Oldest DS is in "Antlers" a youth social and service program through the Elks lodge. He was doing D&D with another famiily on Wednesdays.

All three go through phases where they go to Pokemon league some weeks and not others.

I would sign them up for music lessons again if they asked. DS1 did trumpet, DS2 guitar and DD asks about piano at times but I want to wait until fall to get into a new routine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MedicMommy
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 5:48 PM

I want to get DS involved in Scouts. Thanks for the reminder!

oredeb
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 7:51 PM

over the years my kids did baseball, choir, they had a band, spanish, gymnastics

timon95
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 10:06 PM

dd (5) takes dance classes. she just had her recital and will start summer classes in a few weeks. she ssays she would also like to learn how to play the keyboard. i am also thinking of signing her up for some gymnastics classes. ds(7) has tried sports but does not like them. he does like bowling, signed them up for free summer bowling, maybe he'll want to joina league? he wants to take drum lessons.

jeng1980
by Member on Jun. 29, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Noah is in cub scouts.  We are going to put him in guitar lessons soon.  Sarah is in brownie scouts and gymnastics.  Caleb is only 2 almost 3 so he's just being a preschooler right now.

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2011 at 11:31 PM

nothing yet. dd just turned 4 in may. i am sure in the future i will be running from this dance class to that other one constantly. she wants to play violin so i know that will be one of the things we try.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN