Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Planners

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 3:01 PM
  • 13 Replies

Moms who use planners for homeschool, which ones do you use? What do you like? What do you not like?

If you make your own, how do you do it?

I'm a visual person. I'm trying to find a planner I want to use,but it'shard to order them online, because I can't SEE the pages.

I'm looking for something that has a weekly layout, with space for the goals for each subject that week. We will mostly be doing unit studies, and using Saxon for Math, so I need it more to organize myself than DS

I may just make my own and add a section to my homemakers notebook. Or, really, just make a homeschooling notebook

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 3:11 PM

I used to just purchase one for each child  for $1 each at Target just before school starts (in their $1 bins) but this year I think I'm just going to Journal since I'm trying to go less traditional LOLOL

nikki0522
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 4:01 PM

Go to donnayoung.org and click on the tab for homeschool planner. Print out all of the planning sheets you want to make your own homeschool planner. It's free and you can see all the pages before you print them out.

Follow my homeschool blog! Click here

Join The Homeschoolers Cafe - Group Admin

oredeb
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 7:53 PM

i use those cheap notebooks you get at the beginning of school year

dollar store use to have 1$ ones that were good

MommaChell
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 12:56 AM

I've been making my own using Microsoft Office Word Templates. I love that I can customize them to my liking, then print, laminate, vvvwwwhala! 

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 6:57 AM

Actually, I do think I have found a planner that I'm in love with. Sonita is doing a give away, and as part of it she did a review. From what I saw of the planner on her blog, it's EXACTLY what I want. So if I don't win, I will be purchasing one. :)

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!

SouthernMama08
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Have you tired OCS here in town? I want to make a trip there (without the kid) to do some major shopping!

I'm like you, I like to plan.  And even though we are slightly un-school I HAFTA plan out our week or it gets off course with everything else we do.

Loving wife ...Proud Homeschooling Mama ...TTC#2 ...BLOGGING it all on the way...Follow me at Throwing Marshmallows

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 10:54 AM

I have gone to OCS, and Ifell INLOVE!! They didn't have any planners that I thought were must haves. I thought "I like this, but..." about a few things. We definitely should plan a trip there though! I was rushed the day I did go, so I'd love to have time to really look. I also want to go to SAFE, I think they have some used curriculum. I think we will have to do coffee one morning at Bakers then do a mommy afternoon :) I have off the week of July 18 if you want to try then!

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 12:12 PM

While playing on the web, I found this

http://www.thehomeschoolmom.com/gettingorganized/planner.php

I just "discovered" this site, so I'm really having fun poking around.

wright1212
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Ive been trying to find the perfect planning tool too. I plan everything. HOWEVER I recently read a great tip perfect for my family. Instead of planning great projects and lessons, just check off what you did get done! I do want to find a good book record, most likely to be a cute small spiral notepad. I will print a very generic yearly calendar and just circle days we have school. (our state is 4hours a day for 180 days).

After reviewing many links (thanks to all!). I have decided to design a sheet with the days of week Mon-Fri across the top with a place for dates. Then down the left side will be 9 rows, 4 for DD and 4 for DS. Then I just write in what we did do. LIKE: subtraction 0-20, science clouds, writing with punctuation. The last row is for baby and I will note at least 1 special activity a day not counting his free play. So like Playdough, Painting, ect. And since I hate wasting paper, I will do it all on my computer. Now lets see how many times I change my mind in the next 3 weeks as I get started.....

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)