Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What are you drawn to? Obssessions?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 3:08 PM
  • 11 Replies

I went through a phase where I was Beta fish nuts...I would find myself buying a new tank, accessories, and betas just because LOL  I got up to 7... I think running out of places to put them away from the cats is what made me stop LOLOL  Then I got into plants.  I find myself drawn to the plant section everytime we hit walmart.  I have plants all over my house.  It looks nice but I have to stop myself in the store now LOL  I can look back and see where I've done this A LOT in my life!!!?   Am I the only nutty one?  Do any of you have little things like this you find yourself buying more and more of or just constantly drawn to? 

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
misselphaba
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 3:15 PM

I get "obsessed" with tv shows.  I find a show and watch all the seasons on dvd.  I did that with "Bones" (watched 5 seasons in about 5 weeks), "Psych" (5 seasons in less than 2 weeks ~ best show EVER), "Sports Night", and right now I'm on season 3 of "Burn Notice".  My DH is awesome and never complains.  LOL 

I get obsessed about sewing stuff, too. 

I never collect things.  I hate collecting *things* ~ I guess I've never been a collector. 

Aside from tv shows, I'm not sure.  OH!  I'm a bit obsessed with "Wicked' and Idina Menzel.  =)

Lynette
by Member on Jun. 29, 2011 at 3:30 PM

I go all over the place depending on the mood and of course I have to research every new obsession.  Past ones were homeschooling(um this one is ongoing), gardening, new blender, e-readers, a book or bk series, natural cures, birth.  So yeah sometimes it's a thing, sometimes it's a topic.  My hubby teases me that I should pick housework as my next obsession.

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 3:40 PM

books, birth/pregnancy (which is doubly hard), um...blogging :) organizing. Well, looking for ways to organizing, not necessarily doing it

MommaTasha1003
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Can never read enough about birth/pregnancy/breastfeeding.. I thought this would go away once I stopped nursing. but its still going strong!

Craft stuff from the $1 bin at target..... Stamps from the $1 bin at Michaels.

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Awesome!  I am glad I posted this... fun topics!!!

oredeb
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 7:48 PM

any kinda plants or seeds- its been going on for 40 years now!

another thing i always check out in any store or gotta buy are oils!

JoyfulMommyof2
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Scrapbooking Supplies!  I can't remember the last time I actually scrapbooked, but I'm an avid collector of supplies.  I can't pass up a sale, especially a clearance sale, on scrapbooking supplies.  I love them!  Love the paper!  Love the stamps!  Love the stickers!  I have stacks of stuff all over my scrapbooking table and floor in my little 9 X 9 "office"--now I wouldn't be able to scrapbook even if I did find the time because I'd have to organize all this stuff first!!  How ridiculous is that?!  LOL

JoyfulMommyof2

busy mom

wright1212
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 1:32 PM

This month its books on CD. My library has a kid and adult summer reading program. For adults if you read 6 books from 4 different regions of world you can win a GLOBE-a globe people!!! So im super into finding a book that author is from another country, or the story. I NEVER have time to read (im trying hard to read 3-5pages a night while I sit in baby's room putting him to bed. So far I can get through a book on CD in about 2-3 days, I play it while I am cooking and doing dishes!!! I have finished 'The Reader' and Obama's 'For my father'. I am getting ready to start the New Testament and something by Maya Angelou.

I have many many many other obsessions (can we say Glee), but book on CD is a new one.

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 4:19 PM

OK, so since I've been home for the last couple of days, I've been really into finding homeschool freebies, looking for more blogs to follow and now that I've accepted the infertility a little better, the pregnancy obsession has abated a little.

I have to admit, although I'm not proud, I've been watching Lifetime almost nonstop

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Garage Sales, coupons and freebies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN