Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

If you like the Duggars...

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 3:39 PM
  • 9 Replies

Amazon is having an awesome special if you purchase their most recent book. I, unfortunately, can't figure out how to post it here.

http://tinyurl.com/3fs6hn5

I hope that works. I'm using it to get This Old Schoolhouse :)

If it doesn't work, give me your email and I will forward the email I received. It's only good until tomorrow though

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 7:26 PM

I read their first book... how many do they have now?

MommaTasha1003
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 7:49 PM

i liked their 1st book. got it for mothers day :) ... id love to read about their discipline methods & stuff like that.

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 7:56 PM

They have 19 and 2 grandchildren.

I know Michelle has said her biggest thing is to get the children to LOOK at her when she's talking about what they've done wrong. She uses a lot of repitition...when they say what they should do differently, she makes them repeat it

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!

jeng1980
by Member on Jun. 29, 2011 at 10:46 PM

cool. thanks.

MommaChell
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Quoting AbundanceMagnet:

I read their first book... how many do they have now?

Books or kids? lol *wink*

MommaChell
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 12:44 AM
Quoting MedicMommy:

They have 19 and 2 grandchildren.

I know Michelle has said her biggest thing is to get the children to LOOK at her when she's talking about what they've done wrong. She uses a lot of repitition...when they say what they should do differently, she makes them repeat it

The Duggars are very interesting to me and I keep meaning to learn more about them, really I only know the basics; Christian, 19 kids, etc. What you shared about the mother here is one of my main focuses when disciplining my Little's. Their attention are generally short and unfocused. I try and keep them engaged when discipling them and question them about what we've discussed; all in a manner that isn't too lengthy or stressful on them. The more I hear about the Duggars the more I want to hear.

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 6:52 AM

At first I thought the family was a little odd. But the more I've watched, the more enchanted I am with them. Michelle is totally down to earth. They encourage the kids to do their best in whatever it may be. A lot of people say the girls have to take care of the younger kids, and while it's true, it's not anymore than most families have the oldest help out. Some have also said that Michelle encourages the boys to work, and the girls to cook and clean. Well, 2 of the girls are volunteering for the fire department.

It's an awesome show, and she really has inspired me in so many areas of my life.

And now I sound like a dork ;-P

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2011 at 6:18 PM

I am a duggar fan. Yay for the new book. 

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 1, 2011 at 12:03 AM
I love that she cloth diapers, homeschools and I'm pretty sure breastfeeds. I have only watched one episode. I had a chance to see them at the Midwest homeschool convention in Cincinnati but didnt. I was so tired.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)