Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Happy 4th of July Weekend!!!

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 10:52 AM
  • 13 Replies

Well Ladies, I must say I'm supper stoked about this weekend for two wonderful reasons, aside from the obvious holiday celebration of independence and freedom; 1. a delightful family get together, 2. my husband actually has the holiday off! We're planning lots of family time around the holiday festivities of good food, good weather, and good fireworks. For many this holiday means a great deal- our family is tremendously thankful for the blessing of our liberty and we continually pray for our country, as well as others!

How are you hoping to spend the weekend and what does this holiday mean to you?

by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 11:40 AM

we will probably be doing some fishing in the boat saturday and sunday after church then on monday dh has to work at a job but will be home later!

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 12:36 PM

We are having my parents and a couple of friends over for a relaxed cookout. We hope to have the pool up and running by then. Then my dad is shooting off fireworks.

This holiday reminds me how very lucky we are. I love using it as an opportunity to teach Wyatt all about our country and some of the history

LindaClement
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 1:51 PM

We're watching the fireworks tonight at a friend's apartment (it's been really chilly at night lately) and heading out to the farms to get some fresh berries and whatever else appears. Sunday, we're heading up to a friend's cabin by a lake for the day.

Happy Canada Day!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 1, 2011 at 3:57 PM
We usually relax this weekend. We might pick up a few small fireworks to set off for the girls and then watch the big ones around us from our deck.
I like to stay home forthis holiday because for one, everyone on the road seems crazy right now. Lol and two, we run sooooo many places on all the other holidays, it's nice to just kick back and enjoy OUR little family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaChell
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 4:57 PM

We're doing all our celebrating on sat and sunday, missing the traffic will be wonderful! We're doing our own fireworks Sunday evening :)

@LindaClement- picking fruit, how fun; seriously jelous here!

MommaChell
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 5:02 PM

Uh-oh, firework ban :(

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 2, 2011 at 7:30 AM

I have NO CLUE what we are doing!  Whatever we wind up doing.... I hope to be RELAXING!!!  I hope all of you have a great weekend!!!

Gumberly
by on Jul. 2, 2011 at 12:53 PM
My brother is getting married on the first so we have to drive over to his place that morning then drive home that night since my DH has to work the next day. I am honestly not excited about dealing with the traffic.
My DH was over seas for almost 2 years so it's just nice to have him home even if we don't get to do much (he is working today too).
SimplySonita
by on Jul. 3, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Today I went to my MIL#1/SIL's house to celebrate my birthday.

Tomorrow we'll probably for to MIL#2/FIL house to celebrate, my birthday, her birthday, and father's day (They were ona  cruise to Alaska for her B-day and Father's day)

Monday will be a school day and dinner with my dad here or my dad & brother at my parent's house (my mom has to work) and Tuesday

Tuesday hubby is off but we'll have school and maybe a picnic or go fishing or something.

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 3, 2011 at 8:43 AM

Church this morning (I totally love our church, they make everyone feel welcome) ad then into the pool! This is the first time it will be open.

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)