Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

homeschooling 15yo DD-curriculum suggestions???

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2011 at 1:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

Any suggestions for high school curriculum? Most of the curriculum that I really like seems to be directed at smaller children. Great, because I also have a 3yo, 2yo, 1yo, but I really need to find something for my 15yo.

by on Jul. 2, 2011 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MedicMommy
by on Jul. 2, 2011 at 9:12 PM

We are a long way from high school, but when we get there, I most likely will be doing somethinginternet based.

I know that's not much help

luvthesoap
by on Jul. 3, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Teaching Textbooks for Math. Sonlight for everything else. If Sonlight is too expensive for you I would go with Robinson.

Betty in Ky

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 3, 2011 at 12:43 PM

We are a long way from high school as well... I would think if your child has the basics for Math and Reading down that just reading books can be a HUGE benefit!!  I hope someone here can better answer your question! :)

LindaClement
by on Jul. 4, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Look at the Adult Education section of your local library. Kids that age don't tend to take well to the typical 'talk down to the empty head' that is imbedded in a lot of school-age curricula, so skip over it into the stuff aimed at adults.

txmom24girls
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Thanks,ladies!

FlyHippie
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:12 PM

We're doing Foerster (?) for algebra...English through Texas Tech (They have homeschool curriculum) and Science through an Academy here that teaches homeschoolers... I'm doing history on my own... Spanish through a Spanish teacher that quit the high school to teach homeschoolers...we do writing on our own, literature through the homeschool group (teen book club, but they meet once a month and go over the literary parts of the books...) He's doing art through Texas Tech, too...drums with his drum teacher and he plays select baseball and basketball for PE....ha! (I feel like I'm forgetting something?)

txmom24girls
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:18 PM

I didn't know TT  offered HS curriculum. I will definitely check that out. Thanks!

FlyHippie
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Quoting txmom24girls:

I didn't know TT  offered HS curriculum. I will definitely check that out. Thanks!

Yeah and we like it! He did teen health through them last year. I was very pleased with it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)