Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How was your 4th of July???

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 6:19 AM
  • 9 Replies

We had a nice one! We took the kids to the morning Parade, lunch... I spent the afternoon cleaning and then we went for evening fireworks.  My sister came over when we got back and did some little fireworks and sparklers with the kids :)  Nice day!!! :)  How about yours?

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 6:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
oredeb
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:27 PM

it was nice! my dh had to work, cuz this would be the only day he could do the job since the building was closed, but i made ricotta, made some soap, made the weekly bread,  and when the fireworks started all we had to do was look out the window! we didnt realise it when we moved here in aug or sept but the whole street has a big display of it! it was better than the city puts out! hahah so funny and just on our little ol street! a neighbor tolds us this guy has been doing it for 15 years! it was good! and everyone around our street and area were there watching, i think there was even a bbq, and after it they all cleaned up! it lasted till 12:00am.

Michelle914
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 1:35 PM

We had a great one, too!

We invited family over for July 3rd and had a BBQ and ground fireworks display.  It was fun!  We had been cleaning, cooking and getting the yard ready for the past week so the actual 4th of July we had an easy, quiet day.  We slept, ate, finished cleaning up from the party, read books and painted the girl's toe nails!  Then we went downtown to watch the aerial fireworks display put on by the city, cool!

We had two late nights in a row so I'm hoping to get us back on bedtime schedule starting tonight!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 5, 2011 at 2:43 PM
We had an awesome day. Spent the morning together as a family, then dh and I went to see transformers 3d at the theater, had a nice relaxing dinner at bravo's, and then picked up my birthday present from my mom - a new iPad 2!! Brought the girls home from moms house, baths, the 2 year old went to bed and the 6 year old stayed up to watch fireworks on our deck with her neighbor friends and us. So nice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaChell
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Ours did not turn out as planned since my husband became ill. It was still a nice day spent with family. Wish my DH would have felt better.

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 7:48 PM

I kept my foot up while DH got stuff ready for the cookout, then we had some friends over. My dad lives next door,and between us we have 10 acres, so he shot off fireworks in the yard. I had to hold the puppy in my lap because he was scared, but once he was in my lap he was happy.

Overall, it was a really good day

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

timon95
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 12:09 AM

dh had to work so i took the kids to my parents' house to swim. they had so much fun! then we came home, had pizza, watched a movie, relaxed. sent the kids off to bed early then decided to let them get up and watch the fireworks on tv. they had fun!

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Quoting oredeb:

it was nice! my dh had to work, cuz this would be the only day he could do the job since the building was closed, but i made ricotta, made some soap, made the weekly bread,  and when the fireworks started all we had to do was look out the window! we didnt realise it when we moved here in aug or sept but the whole street has a big display of it! it was better than the city puts out! hahah so funny and just on our little ol street! a neighbor tolds us this guy has been doing it for 15 years! it was good! and everyone around our street and area were there watching, i think there was even a bbq, and after it they all cleaned up! it lasted till 12:00am.

I love when neighborhoods come together!  I wish more people did this!! :)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:33 PM

I love when I have time for little things like this!!!!  Makes for a great day!

Quoting Michelle914:

We slept, ate, finished cleaning up from the party, read books and painted the girl's toe nails!I l

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Glad to hear everyone had a good 4th for the most part, even with not feeling wells and injuries!  I love all you positive ladies, very grateful to have all of you here!:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN