Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Sometimes I have to stand if I want to get anything done

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:45 PM
  • 7 Replies
My youngest dd wants to be ON me all the time. In order to get anything done I have to stand in the middle of the room where she cannot climb, sit on, stand on, jump on, or take anything from me.

It is so hard for her sister to get anything done too. The little one will take things, draw on her stuff, or get in her way. She is always trying to sitonthe same chair, see or take whatever she is doing. It drives menstrual I can only imagine how she feels.
I am currently on my iPad writing this standing in the middle of the living room. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:46 PM
Menstrual=me crazy. Rofl! I'm just getting used to this iPad.
Aand dd1 is almost 6, dd2 is 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjp2707
by Member on Jul. 5, 2011 at 1:13 PM
I feel your pain. Even when we have playdates my kids are still all about me. I *try* to tell myself I will miss it one day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 5, 2011 at 2:53 PM
Lol I tell mysel the same, but it gets a bit ridiculous at times. This 2 year old is proving to be a challenge every day.
My oldest will not leave my side at play dates until it is nearly time to go. She would def be considered "slow to warn up". Poor girl is always so upset because she doesn't get time to play. She spends 3/4 of the time attached to me then doesn't want to leave!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaChell
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 5:17 PM

My littlest one is all over me as well (DS 1yro). He is constantly chasing my oldest two and taking things from them or climbing in the middle of, or on, whatever they are doing, lol. They do get annoyed, but they are learning that the baby doesn't understand because he's learning and that they are helping him to learn by being examples. Needless to say, it can be a circus of complaints and make my head swim by the end of the day.

Quoting Boobah:
My oldest will not leave my side at play dates until it is nearly time to go. She would def be considered "slow to warn up". Poor girl is always so upset because she doesn't get time to play. She spends 3/4 of the time attached to me then doesn't want to leave!

My oldest is also slow to warm up and has been very clingy at times during play dates. She's gotten better with time. Leaving is always the hardest part :)

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 7:07 PM

I bet that is frustrating! At least you have an I Pad so you can keep us with you :)

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 7:08 PM

And I totally love that the iPad corrected me crazy to menstrual. HA!

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 5, 2011 at 7:24 PM
Yeah it was almost fitting, huh? Haha

I cannot complain about dd being shy. I have been the same way all my life. I'd hide behind my moms legs. Lol

Quoting MedicMommy:

And I totally love that the iPad corrected me crazy to menstrual. HA!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN