Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you have an e-reader?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 2:10 PM
  • 13 Replies

Any tips? I'm getting a Kindle today (as a birthday gift). Any tips for me?

I know amazon has tons of free ebooks and I own several e-books already, I'm hoping I can transfer them or be able to read them on my new kindle, not sure if I can or not, but I'll try and figure it out! LOL

I'm looking forward to getting so audio books on it as well! We'll def be using it for school too.

by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 5, 2011 at 2:39 PM
I was going to get the new nook simpletouch that just came out (AWESOME, all touch and only $139) but my mom got me the iPad 2 yesterday and I'm going to see how it does as an ereader. I have nook and kindle apps on it. We shall see!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaChell
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Neat Ladies! I haven't either and probably won't for some time, but I like the idea of utilizing them based on what they're capable of. Yay for you!

twinstartermom
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 5:23 PM

No don't have any E-books, but have heard good things about 'em. Would mind getting one and transfering all the books we have to it.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 5, 2011 at 7:13 PM
Thought I would mention there are a ton of free ebooks available, especially the classics. I have an iPod touch with the iBooks app, nook app, and kindle app and have yet to pay for a book. I now have all those on the iPad and it is pretty awesome. We are in the process of reading the complete tales of Winnie the pooh which was a free ebook. I love it!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MedicMommy
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 7:17 PM

I don't have one. I really like dog earing the pages, bending a book backward while I'm in the tub (not that it happens often, mind you)

My best friend has the Nook, and she is NOT a reader. Well, now she reads all the time. I don't know how I feel about it. I wish I could try one for a few days. Now that I know what all can be done on the iPad.... 

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 5, 2011 at 7:21 PM
The iPad wins hands down if it's in the budget. I have found some amazing apps today. There is even one that would replace my all about spelling curriculum. I wanted one ever since I went to the homeschoolers convention Cincinnati and saw everything that was available. I just got lucky. My mom was going to throw me a 30th birthday party and gave me the option of getting me an iPad instead. Not a hard choice for me, i am not much for attention being on me. Lol
I got the 16gb wifi only for $499 and if you have a target card you can get 5% off when you buy it from them. That basically paid for the tax. I also got a smart cover, and I love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SimplySonita
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 3:02 PM

I'm a frugal gal, I checked out audible.com and I'm not going to be downloading audio books-too pricy for me! LOL

I was able to move my ebooks from my computer to my kindle so YAY! I have one that I use often (Warrior Prayers) so I'm excited to have it on the kindle!

I need to buy a cover/case/something fo rit, but don't have funds right now.

I did load all my ebooks on it though so now I have over 50 ebooks on it that I can carry with me easily wherever I go!

The $114 for the Kindle was quite a splurge for me (or my daddy I should say! LOL) The price of an "i" anything is out of our budget LOL

Melissa6705
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 3:52 PM
I love my kindle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Nope... no interest.   I like the book in hand.  My hubby reads on his ITOUCH and his Android Tablet though... he LOVES IT

Lynette
by Member on Jul. 6, 2011 at 5:35 PM

love my Kindle, got it last yr for my birthday.  if you r on FB you should fan http://www.facebook.com/#!/ereaderiq   and  http://www.facebook.com/#!/PixelofInk  and  http://www.facebook.com/#!/freeebookdeal 

One of them is for free bks the others are ones that post when a bk comes down in price

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN