Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any tips? I'm getting a Kindle today (as a birthday gift). Any tips for me?

I know amazon has tons of free ebooks and I own several e-books already, I'm hoping I can transfer them or be able to read them on my new kindle, not sure if I can or not, but I'll try and figure it out! LOL

I'm looking forward to getting so audio books on it as well! We'll def be using it for school too.

by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 2:10 PM
Replies (11-13):
cedailey
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 9:05 PM

I've had a Kindle for 18 months.  I love it.  It has nearly half of our school books for free.  I keep a couple of short kids book, like Curious George for unexpected waits.  Plus I have access to hundereds of my books whenever.  I can get the local paper super cheap, and all I lose is the ads and the crossword.  I use it to work on foreign language skills too.  Buy a german newspaper for $1-$1.50 and spend the next month trying to read my way through the whole thing ( I am NOT fluent).

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 6, 2011 at 9:28 PM
There is a site for free audio books! Librovox or something like that. I'll try to remember to come back with the link. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SimplySonita
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Quoting Boobah:

There is a site for free audio books! Librovox or something like that. I'll try to remember to come back with the link. :)

Yeah http://librivox.org/ but you can't download those to the kindle can you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)