Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I'd have to say that I don't much care for shopping (clothes, food, etc.) as a family, unless it's for pleasure; sometimes I like to go shopping just to get out of the house and can have fun with the kids doing it. If I'm really wanting to get some shopping done, I prefer to go it alone. My husband likes to go together, just him and me, which I can enjoy, but if i'm wanting to shop I find he slows me down. There's SO much organizing and planning I have to do in order to take the whole crew.

How do you organize in order to go shopping?

by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 5:41 PM
Replies (11-15):
wright1212
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 7:53 AM

my dh likes for shopping to be done during his work time. i do all grocery shopping with 2 or 3 kids depending on activities each week. i plan it out entirely even my route so i am in and out fast. i wont shop for personal things with kids-its way to hard to try on clothes with 3 running around. we go to places like lowes as a whole family. if we are all together and need a few things one of us goes in and the others wait.

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 10:48 AM

DH is really good about watching Wyatt while I go shopping. Clothing wise, especially for Wyatt, I always buy consignment or at Goodwill. If I find something for myself or DH, that's great.I never expect to find anything, so it's nice when I do

What we really like to do is have DH drop me off at Goodwill and take DS to Chick Fil A or McDonalds so it's fun for him (He plays on the playplace). If I'm in a store like Goodwill, I need to have my concentration, because I examine the clothes to make sure they are in good shape.

I do buy new for DH and myself, but I never pay full price. The only exception is if we have family pictures or something and I want us to be coordinated.

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

Melissa6705
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Quoting -Feather-:

I enjoy shopping with my kids. They're a lot of fun. They're just so easily fascinated by everything, and they love the change of scenery.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaChell
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 12:01 AM

My husband has been very gracious about letting me go out shopping on my own. Especially when he knows I haven't had any time to myself. It usually happens on the weekends. He also will watch the kids pretty much whenever I ask. I love to shop with my kids since they are so fun, but they are distracting and can draw out a shopping trip immensely. 

MommaChell
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 12:01 AM

such a blessing that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)