Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'd have to say that I don't much care for shopping (clothes, food, etc.) as a family, unless it's for pleasure; sometimes I like to go shopping just to get out of the house and can have fun with the kids doing it. If I'm really wanting to get some shopping done, I prefer to go it alone. My husband likes to go together, just him and me, which I can enjoy, but if i'm wanting to shop I find he slows me down. There's SO much organizing and planning I have to do in order to take the whole crew.

How do you organize in order to go shopping?

by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 5:41 PM
Replies (11-15):
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 7:53 AM

my dh likes for shopping to be done during his work time. i do all grocery shopping with 2 or 3 kids depending on activities each week. i plan it out entirely even my route so i am in and out fast. i wont shop for personal things with kids-its way to hard to try on clothes with 3 running around. we go to places like lowes as a whole family. if we are all together and need a few things one of us goes in and the others wait.

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at

by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 10:48 AM

DH is really good about watching Wyatt while I go shopping. Clothing wise, especially for Wyatt, I always buy consignment or at Goodwill. If I find something for myself or DH, that's great.I never expect to find anything, so it's nice when I do

What we really like to do is have DH drop me off at Goodwill and take DS to Chick Fil A or McDonalds so it's fun for him (He plays on the playplace). If I'm in a store like Goodwill, I need to have my concentration, because I examine the clothes to make sure they are in good shape.

I do buy new for DH and myself, but I never pay full price. The only exception is if we have family pictures or something and I want us to be coordinated.

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Quoting -Feather-:

I enjoy shopping with my kids. They're a lot of fun. They're just so easily fascinated by everything, and they love the change of scenery.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 12:01 AM

My husband has been very gracious about letting me go out shopping on my own. Especially when he knows I haven't had any time to myself. It usually happens on the weekends. He also will watch the kids pretty much whenever I ask. I love to shop with my kids since they are so fun, but they are distracting and can draw out a shopping trip immensely. 

by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 12:01 AM

such a blessing that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN