Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Spanish for a 5 yo?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 7:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have gotten everything planned out for DD's grade 1 curric. BUT  DH would like me to add some spanish into the mix as well.  She will be 5 years old so I want something fun and easy enough for her to grasp.  She works good with workbooks and also loves computer time so we could go either way.  Suggestions?  

by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 5, 2011 at 9:47 PM
I have heard great things about Rosetta stone but I'm not sure if that is younger grades at all. I have not yet ventured to a foreign language yet. Bump :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
padavali
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 10:13 PM

I too have heard great things about Rosetta Stone, and I am sure we will go with that later, but as you said, I am not sure how it is for younger grades... :)  123 TeachMe is looking pretty good :)

Quoting Boobah:

I have heard great things about Rosetta stone but I'm not sure if that is younger grades at all. I have not yet ventured to a foreign language yet. Bump :)

MommaChell
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:42 PM

I'm not familiar with anything currently, but interested; BUMP!

wright1212
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 7:15 AM

BUMP- i want the same thing. I have searched a bit for free online spanish but have not found anything I love. If I cant my backup plan is to just search for youtube videos for kids learning spanish and checkout eng/span kids books and work on basic nouns and phrases. Like household objects and things like 'hello', my name is, whats up,

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:30 PM

I'm not firmiliar with anything either :(  Do you know anyone that speaks spanish?   They could help?   Maybe you could just start out with simple words on index cards? 

Mom2Kaylie
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:35 PM

those baby toys that talk in spanish and english can be used by older kids.  My 6yr. likes the songs and phrases on the Leapster english/spanish radio.  We quiz each other and then press the button to self check.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)