Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschooling High School

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 8:12 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hello, Ladies!  I am joining the ranks of homeschooling moms.  My son will be starting 10th grade this fall and I will be homeschooling him through graduation.  I also have a 7 month old baby girl.  I have tons of questions and look forward to getting to know all of you better!!  Any other highschool homeschoolers out there?

by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 5, 2011 at 9:46 PM
Welcome and congrats on making the decision to homeschool! I have a first grader and 2 year old so I'll bump for some experienced ladies. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaChell
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Hi and welcome :) I'm not a high school homeschooler (yet *big smile*), but I wish you the best of fortune. I know we have some very experience homeschoolers who've got 1 or more graduates under their belt. Bump!

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 8:13 AM

I think *most* of the ladies here have younger kiddos. I would suggest talking to the more experienced HSers here (which you already are :) )

Talk to your local support group, see if there are homeschoolers in your church (if you go to church).

Someone told me that the best thing to remember, especially when you get to the more advanced stuff, is that you don't have to know all of it. You really only need to stay one day ahead of your kids. :)

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

swim-mom72
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 10:24 AM

welcome

Congrats on starting a new adventure! I am homeschooling my 2 boys. They are about to start 9th and 6th grades. This will be our 5th year to homeschool, and I still have a lot to learn. Not sure I will consider myself a "veteran homeschooler" until I actually graduate one : ) But, I would love to answer any questions you may have or help you in any way, just PM me if you want.

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2011 at 10:59 AM

I only have one child still to home school.   The other 14 children have already graduated. Graduated one this past May and one the May before. The one at home is only 13 though so I still have a few more years to go.  :)  I have been at this for 19 years. I began the journey when my oldest (now 31 yrs old) was 12.  This yr will be my first year to only have 1 child to homeschool.  Please feel free to ask me anything and I will do my best to answer.

Melissa6705
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 12:24 PM
Good luck...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:08 PM
Not into high school yet... but WELCOME and CONGRATS!!!! Look forward to getting to know you!!! :)
FlyHippie
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Yup! We're technically going into 8th grade...but he's beginning his 9th grade subjects this coming year, so it begins here, too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN