Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

About toy recommendations

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:37 PM
  • 12 Replies

We've been lucky enough to make a few toy purchases for our kids that have been more than worth the price paid...and we've also had some disappointments. What toys have you bought for your children that have been more than worth the price? 

by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MedicMommy
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 8:07 AM

DS has his own computer. In all honesty, it was the familycomputer, but now I take DH's laptop. Since I do so much with photos, we have talked about getting me my own desk top. We will have to see how the budget goes.

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 6, 2011 at 8:14 AM
We got this outdoor roller coaster thing from a yard sale for $5. Everyone in the neighborhood comes to play on it! We def got our money out of it.
We also got a slide by step 2 called the lookout treehouse. It's small enough to fit in a corner of our living room and it helps on the days we cant go outside. Oh gosh I need to upload a picture. The dog now loves it as well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sclampy
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 8:48 AM

Blocks and plastic animals.  We started collecting those plastic animals when my daugter was one.  We built up quite a collection in her nine years.  Now her brother and her still play with them on a regular basis.  Blocks are always great too.  They build zoos, racetracks, garages, dollhouses, marble runs, etc. 

wright1212
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Thats funny you should ask this, i thought about doing a video blog of my fav toys hmmm?

• I LOVE our fridge phonics by leapfrog, it taught them letters!
  • explorer has been great for long car rides and waiting places
  • cardboard blocks that look like bricks (got them free) they all love building with them
  • tag reader, they dont love it...YET
  • puppets-great for games and songs we use as a speech tool
  • xbox w/ kinects-they love kinectimals, she has a pet tiger! adventure is ok, i love dance central

Mommy to Corbin (8-epilepsy,autism, add) Kayla (6) Collin (1.5), Wife to Ben-OT, and I love teaching- M.Ed Early Childhood. SAHM & Homeschooling. Come watch us at www.youtube.com/user/1212wright

Melissa6705
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 12:23 PM
She loves her computer. Couldn't live without it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:13 PM

hmmmm... the Wii for sure as the kids use it mostly for Netflix and are always watching educational movies on it.  Can't think of anything else at the moment.... they would say their xbox.  LOL

oredeb
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:17 PM

for my son the best toys i ever bought him were a hammer (small one) and some nails when he was just a little boy, he used to pound them everywhere, it sure helped with his hand eye cordination, he also had the best handwriting around.

faeriemom1972
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Trio blocks. My son builds the most amazing structures, and then incorporates other toys in his play. Also, dress up clothes/costumes.

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Ahh thought of more toys... LEGOS... omg hours and hours of fun even if they are ridiculously expensive!!!!

MommaChell
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Seriously great info and inspiration. BUMP for more!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)