Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What about DH?

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 8:05 AM
  • 13 Replies

OK, so we've talked about making time for ourselves, but what do you do when you need to make time with your DH? How much of an effort do you put into ensuring you have time together?

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 6, 2011 at 8:10 AM
We put the kids to bed at 8:30 every night so we can spend time together, and we will have my mom watch the girls once or twice a month so we can go to dinner. We are almost always back in time for them to go to bed but she has watched them overnight a couple times and we enjoyed eating brakfast in peace. Lol. It had been a long time!
We do not really schedule the time together, we just make sure to take care of each other every day. Some days are harder than others to get to talk because of the kids or my work. But we try :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa6705
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 12:47 PM
We take 30 minutes out every night to just talk and connect. Then we pray. We also try to watch movies together and talk but with a 7 year old and a 4 month old that's tough
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SimplySonita
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 2:44 PM

We get most of our alone time after the kids go to their room at night.

We have occasional times when my mom watches them, but it's usuallynot for long, we don't usually go out we just hang out at home and watcha  movie or talk or something.

We could use a little more alone time but we get enough I guess. :)

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 5:56 PM

To be honest we don't get much time alone.. just family time.  Occasionally (very rare) my sister will babysit so we can go to dinner.. lol  Gosh, makes me feel kinda bad, might have to work on this!!!

faeriemom1972
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Since we only have the one young child, and our 20yo dd still lives with us, it's pretty easy. Dd is grateful to have a place to live so she offers to babysit if we need a night out.

islumomma
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:16 PM

We have 2 boys and we don't go out alot with out them. But, like this Friday my grammother is going to watch both of them at camp so we can go out (secretly we usually stay at home because we can NEVER figure out something to do lol)

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Quoting islumomma:

We have 2 boys and we don't go out alot with out them. But, like this Friday my grammother is going to watch both of them at camp so we can go out (secretly we usually stay at home because we can NEVER figure out something to do lol)

Have fun!!!! :)  I need a hands on grandma for my kids... anyone wanna share?

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

FlyHippie
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 12:04 AM

We're going through a super mega major rough patch right now....so we don't really do that right now. No us time, really. When we do have it we look at each other and just blink, blink...nothing to say.

HOWEVER...one day when we're back on track, I'll come find this post and answer it! LOL!

katzmeow726
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 12:05 AM

A lot LOL.  ONce a month, my parents take the twins for a night so DH and I can have some time.  We also have evenings after they go to bed.  We actually get some decent time together.

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 11:37 AM

DH works shift work. We try to do a date night once a month. I actually want to talk to my BFF and see if we can switch....we will watch her DD once a month, and she watches our DS.
At the very least, we do a date night in once a month...we try to do it more often. DS gets something "fun" (hot dogs, mac and cheese) for dinner, and after he's in bed, we have a nice dinner, turn thelights off, cuddle on the couch and watch a movie. 

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN