Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Drooling over the Ipad.

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 8:51 AM
  • 17 Replies

We own a computer, but I cannot seem to get past wanting an ipad.  Does anyone have one that they use for homeschooling?  How does it fit in with your learning?  Is is worth having even when you own a computer and iphone?  What is the coolest thing you use it for? Thanks.

by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MedicMommy
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 9:18 AM

I don't have one, but Boobah loves hers. LOL, since her post yesterday,I've been wanting one too, but I totally can't justify it

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 6, 2011 at 9:31 AM
I just got one two days ago. It is AWESOME. seriously I thought at first the same thing. I have an iPod touch, why would I need the iPad?

Well, besides being an awesome ereader and allowing us to get almost all the books we need for fall FREE online, it also has some amazing apps for education. I found a really cool planner for me to track and schedule our schooling. There is a ton of cool spelling, reading and math apps. It plays music, movies, takes pictures and video (although the quality is not great on that). There are free audio books, free apps, etc. I have only purchased maybe 3-4 apps in the 2 years I have had my iPod touch.

It makes learning even more fun! I'm not one to let the kids play video games or watch much tv, but the apps on here are the same as games I would make her myself without all the pieces!

Okay I'll stop now :) I do love it though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misselphaba
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 10:45 AM

We unschool, so I don't use it for school.  My kids play on it a lot, though!  My daughter has some letter and number games.  They love Angry Birds and Cut the Rope. 

Melissa6705
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 12:25 PM
I want one too. A friend of mine has one and I go goo-goo over it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melyssa-R
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 2:26 PM

I know what you mean! I already have a laptop, smart phone, and a Kindle but I drool over them every time we're at Best Buy.  I don't care if it's an iPad brand but also like the other brands of tablets too.  I'd like any one of them!!

SimplySonita
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 2:30 PM

I have a laptop and a kindle (since yesterday LOL)

I honestly just don't see the need. But I'm very frugal and not into having the latest tech gadget, I think (despite the fact that I spend too much time online) we have too much technology.

If my kids were older I MIGHT consider saving for one for school, but honestly, for the price, I just don't think it's worth it (but I'm VERY frugal!)

If I won one okay, but I just wouldn't drop the cash for it.

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:06 PM

I've heard great things about it for schooling... we have itouches too.. but I'm not a huge fan of touch screen things... I've had tablets ( I wound up giving  to my sister) and I just got a phone with a quary keyboard because I stink at the touch screen lol  No one else seems to have issues typing on them but me, so its obviously my own issues.... whew I bet my kids would go nuts over one!!  hehehe

islumomma
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:11 PM

I would love to have one...they look awesome.  I am a techie momma. I use gadgets to teach weather it be the computer, laptop, or a highly desired by me ipad lol...now to talk hubby in to this latest NEED. lol

hailnbray
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:15 PM
We have one she uses it's nice for dr visits but at home if rather use the computer. We got the 3G one so Internet is everywhere but it's another monthly bill
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Quoting hailnbray:

We have one she uses it's nice for dr visits but at home if rather use the computer. We got the 3G one so Internet is everywhere but it's another monthly bill

This would be great with taking the kids all over.... internet everywhere... woo hoo!  They are always on my cel phone playing games!

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN