Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Drooling over the Ipad.

Posted by   + Show Post

We own a computer, but I cannot seem to get past wanting an ipad.  Does anyone have one that they use for homeschooling?  How does it fit in with your learning?  Is is worth having even when you own a computer and iphone?  What is the coolest thing you use it for? Thanks.

by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 8:51 AM
Replies (11-17):
hailnbray
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:26 PM
It depends which one u get the cheaper one u need wifi signal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
padavali
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:35 PM

We have a few ipads floating around this house, along with the computers.  I hardly use it, except to read, play Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, and Save Sashi or something like that... but DD LOVES it!  She has so many apps on there, for cursive, printing, BOB books and other readers, math, flash cards for sight words and math, puzzles, her fun games, etc.   It isn't considered as part of her regular lesson, but she pulls it out for 'fun' and 'plays' with her books, math etc daily :)    It is also nice because if she wants to watch tv but I don't want the main tv on, she goes into her room and watches NetFlix on it :)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 6, 2011 at 7:33 PM
I have been having fun with it :)
I Will not be using it as part of her lessons (except when I read an ebook from it). 99% of our schooling is books, and old fashioned paper ad pencil or crafts.
She does need to get over her computer problem so I will allow her on the main computer to work on her typing. She gets anxious about typing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sclampy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Thanks for all your input.  It sounds like besides gaming or as an ereader, it just would not be worth the extra expense right now.  We still enjoy old fashioned paper books and gaming is not too big of a deal around our house.  I really was looking for more educational uses that we couldn't do with computer or Iphone.  THEN maybe I could justify the price.  :) 

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:28 AM

There was a lady in the waiting room the other day who pulled out an iPad. Naturally, I had to ask about it. She said it's AWESOME for homeschoolers, and definitely worth it if you can swing one

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

ElectraSpy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:52 PM

I don't have an Ipad, but I do have the Sumsung Galaxy Tab (powered by Android) LOVE LOVE LOVE! I do use it when we're out & about for info in teaching moments but thats it for HS... nobody is allowed to touch it but Mom! (I have 1 cracked laptop screen & 2 dead computers by child hands, so this baby is all mine mine mine! =) I have my calendar on it, an awesome Grocery Store App, Youtube, Sat. Radio, Email, texting and well whatever ya want... there's an app for that, lol! It's a great Mommy's little helper!

SouthernMama08
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 1:00 PM

I want one so BAD!  I love gadgets and so does my son.  I can take him to a toy story and get out without fuss...took him to an Apple Store and he cried when i told him we had to leave.

I really want on for homeschool....thinking maybe it'll be my Christmas present from my husband this year (he just doesn't know it...LOL!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN