Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do for TV?

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 3:19 PM
  • 17 Replies

We dropped the dish over a year ago.

Now we use our Roku!

Mostly we use Netflix but we also use Hulu plus, ameba tv, and a few free channels for the roku.

What about you?

Cable? Dish? Netflix? Roku? Red Box? What?

by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hailnbray
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 3:23 PM

we have direct tv. i could live without it but its nice to have at night when u cant sleep

Melyssa-R
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 3:30 PM

We have our local cable company and it's ok.  We can get pay per view/on demand shows and movies with it.  We also have Netflix which I like because I use it on my computer and my daughter uses on her iPod a lot.

Melissa6705
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 3:47 PM
None! We used to but needed to refocus so we cut it off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 5:35 PM

We have no cable, its all Netflix through the Wii here, sometimes we'll watch things online too LOL

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

oredeb
by debbie on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:44 PM

we just started using netflix, what is roku redbox hulu?? are they different than netflix?

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 6, 2011 at 7:41 PM
We have regular local tv but rarely watch it. I have found myself to be so much more peaceful and happy since we stopped. Dh has noticed as well.
I can tell the days we have watched tv. Everyone is edgy and grumpy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faeriemom1972
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 8:49 PM

I'm not anti-tv, but even my son turns it off way before his time is usually up which is great. We have just the most basic of cable. Which here is about 99 channels.(10 of which are mildly worthwhile)

MommaTasha1003
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 11:30 PM

We have cable. But mostly use OnDemand & Netflix so we can watch what we want, when we want..

In the AM DD get cartoons, and maybe 1-2 nights a week I may get hooked on a show for a bit, but im horrible at remembering or keeping up so OnDemand is great! :) Cant watch my reality shows when everyone goes to bed!

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2011 at 8:00 AM

We have DISH.  

katzmeow726
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2011 at 8:02 AM
We have comcast (blech) and dh and I like instant play on nerflix. Plus the occasional red box dvd!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)