Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We dropped the dish over a year ago.

Now we use our Roku!

Mostly we use Netflix but we also use Hulu plus, ameba tv, and a few free channels for the roku.

What about you?

Cable? Dish? Netflix? Roku? Red Box? What?

by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 3:19 PM
Replies (11-17):
mom2queenie2004
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 8:18 AM

We have local channels, Wii-Netflix, and a computer hooked up to the TV, so if it is online we can watch it.

countjb
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 8:29 AM

We've never had any type of cable or satellite service. We use Netflix. Our television is typically only on for two hours in the evening, not at all during the day.

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 11:49 AM

I was totally going to make a similar post today

Just yesterday, we did it...We got Netflix for Wii, cancelled cable, and...well...it's different, but so far I'm loving it. We will buy one of those cables to go from the laptop to the tv so we can watch online stuff on the big tv. 

I'm definitely curious about some of the "enhancers" to use to expand what we can watch

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 7, 2011 at 12:00 PM
Do you guys like Netflix? Are there different packages or something?

My BIL linked our tv as one of his 5 and we had it for a couple weeks. From what I could tell they were all super old movies, and not many that interested us. I was disappointed but glad I found out that way before spending money. I had heard it was great for homeschooling but I wasn't impressed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Wow, can't believe how many people have let cable go, I thought I was the only one... people look at me like I've lost my marbles when I say we don't have cable.  LOL  Btw NETFLIX IS AMAZING!!!!!  And yes different packages! :)  Free Trial too!

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 12:46 PM

The netflix we have is 10.00/month. That's netflix through Wii and the computer, as well as DVDs by mail (a good way to get the more recent ones)

I am loving it. 

FlyHippie
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 12:54 PM

direc TV

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)