Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What self work are you doing now?

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:49 PM
  • 8 Replies

I'm currently working on yelling.  My mom was constantly yelling all growing up... I hated it but yet I find myself yelling a lot.  I'm currently working on calming down, speaking slower, clearer and finding a middle ground so I don't yell so much.  This has been very very hard for me... its like its grained in me.. but its my current self work... what is yours?

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 6, 2011 at 7:12 PM
Same here. I have written on a whiteboard in our kitchen
"use gentle words in a gentle voice"
As a reminder to all of us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 7:30 PM

thats one i had prayed on when i was younger was the yelling, He is very faithful.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 6, 2011 at 7:35 PM
Any tips oredeb?
I find that THEY actually yell more than I do. So then I can't get them to listen to me until I yell. Lol. It's a viscous cycle.

Sometimes I whisper to see if it will get their attention. It only works for the 6 year old. The 2 year old is my challenge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 7:50 PM

So glad to know I am not the only one working on this... so I am HUMAN!  LOL  Boobah.. I always love the idea of writing positive things down where you will constantly see them! 

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 6, 2011 at 7:57 PM
I really think it is helping! I see it several times a day and it reminds me.
My husband has a hard time keeping his voice down and my six year old will remind him "gentle words in a gentle voice daddy" - not that she always remembers, but it's cool. :)

Quoting AbundanceMagnet:

So glad to know I am not the only one working on this... so I am HUMAN!  LOL  Boobah.. I always love the idea of writing positive things down where you will constantly see them! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melyssa-R
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 8:17 PM

I work on irritability and patience.  It's so difficult for me.

faeriemom1972
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Patience. I am more high strung and picky than I would like to admit. I am learning not to be. My son helps a lot. big smile mini

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 6, 2011 at 9:34 PM
I have noticed my irritability increasing and patience decreasing with the summer heat. When I'm hot or hungry I'm super irritable!!

Quoting Melyssa-R:

I work on irritability and patience.  It's so difficult for me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)