Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you ask for homeschool supplies as presents?

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 7:49 PM
  • 5 Replies
I got an iPad for my birthday from my mom so I could use it for homeschooling.
On my daughters birthday list family always asks for I put on it:
Barbies, artist quality watercolor pencils and paper, a magnifying glass, microscope, telescope, globe, and some Melissa an Doug learning toys.

Does that make me horrible? I'm just so tired of getting cheapo toys that are never used or break. And the stuffed animals!!! They are taking over my house!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 6, 2011 at 7:51 PM
The likelihood of them actually getting anything on that list is slim to none, she will probably get MORE clothes and stuffed animals since I specifically asked to not get those.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 7:51 PM

I actually think this is an amazing idea... as long as its things the kids will enjoy too I say I'm adopting this!!!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 6, 2011 at 7:54 PM
Sure beats buying it all yourself right? Lol

Quoting AbundanceMagnet:

I actually think this is an amazing idea... as long as its things the kids will enjoy too I say I'm adopting this!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cedailey
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 8:43 PM

I do it too.  We already have an overflowing mass of stuff that doesn't get used. I set a rule of 1 toy per person per child and then they can choose from practical stuff on my list.  That's the only way I keep my kids in art supplies.

MommaTasha1003
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Yes we will start asking for fun homeschool supplies.. The cool games Id love to have from the teachers store but I dont actually have the exta funds to spend. Art supplies, Alot of fun science stuff will all be found on the Wanted List for my dd.

Thankfully our family is pretty good about giving useful gifts that are age appropriate for DD.. My MIL has a teacher supply store right as you enter her neighborhood (why cant i be so lucky!) so Im hoping she will get some good ideas in there ;-).

I think the only time it may be actually bad is if you ask for Textbook stuff. But even proper lvl reading books are more than acceptable for a "wish list"... If the kids say "yay!" to a gift I think its a good idea. You dont want your kid going "OH NO! Not School Stuff on my bday".. LOL I think Id cry if as a kid I got a McGraw-Hill Txt book or something clearly "schoolish" :P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN