Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What have you done that you are not so proud of? Confessions

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 12:32 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hi Ladies.. When I ask what have you done that you are not so proud of... I'm not asking about simple day to day mistakes.. I'm talking about something in the past that you did that still comes to mind that you feel guilty for?  I need to get some bad stuff off my chest, so I figure what the heck, don't we all? 

For me.. its taking animals to the pound   There have been a few animals I've taken to the pound just out of pure frustration of the situation at the time.  I feel most guilty about these 2 amazing, beautiful white cats I had... I loved them so much but I was pregnant and they were peeing all over my house and I didn't have the money at the time to have them neutered (might have solved the problem) and it was making me feel so ill... so one night I just lost it and made my husband take them to the pound.  I so regret it, I will never know if they got a home and I just for some reason cannot let myself off the hook.  I now rescue cats, dogs, etc... I know part of my reason for doing this is out of guilt.  Of course I love being able to save them, rehome them, but A LOT OF IT is just pure guilt!!!  I've always been an animal lover and have had animals all of my life, but UGH!  Whew there, said it... So what about you... any past stuff you can't let yourself off the hook for? 

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MedicMommy
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 12:51 PM

There is, of course, an uber long story behind this, but I signed over all parental rights to my daughter when she was 7. (To her dad and step mom) I know it was the best thing I could do at the time (for her), but so much changed in the following year that....well, it happened. It's something I rarely talk about

She doesn't even know she has a little brother

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Quoting MedicMommy:

There is, of course, an uber long story behind this, but I signed over all parental rights to my daughter when she was 7. (To her dad and step mom) I know it was the best thing I could do at the time (for her), but so much changed in the following year that....well, it happened. It's something I rarely talk about

She doesn't even know she has a little brother

<hugs>  Sometimes things go in an unexpected way... my husband signed over rights 3yrs ago to his daughter as well.  Its a hard thing to do but I commend you for doing what you felt was best at the time for your child, regardless of your feelings.  <hugs> 

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

Melyssa-R
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Your story makes me want to cry.  I have done the same thing but with a dog we had.  I put up with all his issues for a long time and then my daughter was born and I was so overwhelmed with her (she was a high needs baby with a lot of colic) and I thought I was going to lose my mind.  I tried to find a no-kill rescue to take him and put up ads to find him a home and tried really really really hard but no one wanted him because of his problems and we ended up taking him to the humane society.  That was 9 years ago and I will never forgive myself. :-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN