Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Need ideas for a reward

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 12:43 PM
  • 4 Replies

So since my surgery last week, not only was a not really a fun mom, but I had to depend on my DS, who just turned 6, a lot. The first day we got to do something really fun (go in the pool) I fell getting out and broke my leg. I think he feels guilty (NOT that he should) because he keeps saying he wishes it happened to him. But, now it means that I have to depend on him even more while DH is at work. I'm supposed to try to stay off even the crutches until the stitches come out, because they're getting infected due to overuse of my abdominal muscles.

Anyway...not only is Wyatt being INCREDIBLY helpful, but he's so willing and even cheerful to be so. And there's not much I can do, I can't take him anywhere, and I can't really play with him. I've been praising him constantly, and letting him choose what we watch while the TV is on, but still. Yesterday DH took him to Chick Fil A (which is 45 min away, so it's a real treat) before one of my Dr appts. But I want to do something that he knows is from me, because I really appreciate all that he's doing, and especially his attitude. 

He found out I couldn't take him to VBS, and he just said "It's ok mom, you need to get better. That's more important". How do I let him know how awesome he is? Moneyis incredibly tight, so any ideas are great. (And I have to keep my foot up, so crafting is pretty minimal)

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Melissa6705
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 2:12 PM
You know his favorite things so make a day of them on the weekend when hubby can help or write him a little letter saying how great he is.

When I was on bedrest pregnant, My DD was so wonderful. I had daddy take her out on a fun day but I wrote all the instructions so she knew it was from me. She loved it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KDBeckham
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Steph I would be more than happy to take him to VBS for you?! Let me know!

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 6:18 PM

As sweet as it is for you to offer, it's too much to drive back and forth to Manning! But thank you 

oredeb
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 7:31 PM

you broke your leg? hope you get better soon, surgery now leg broke! thats a lot of stuff for you.

what about inviting some of his friends over with there moms(so they can help) and have a party

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN