Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Where in your home do you homeschool?  Do you have a particular room or "area" where you do the majority of your homeschooling?  I'm sure that most of you "unschoolers" do not, and I understand that.  I'm just a little more "up-tight" and need organization and routine--lol!  (-:

Since we have a small table and a snack bar in our kitchen, I have converted my dining room (never was able to afford dining room furniture anyway) into a school room.  I'm looking for ideas on how to set up this relatively small space (10X11) as a school room.  I'd especially love to see pictures of your space, please!! 

Of course, we do our reading in the living room and hands-on learning outside.  I just want a space designated for doing written work and for storing and organizing all our school supplies and resources instead of having them all over the house.  I also don't want the children (12 and 9 years old) doing seatwork/homework in their own rooms--too many distractions.

Thanks for your input!!

JoyfulMommyof2

busy mom

by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 1:56 PM
Replies (11-12):
mamaof2n1angel
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:34 PM

right now  ihave books and that inthe linfroom. reading is  done  in the livignroom  schoolwork either at my desk ( I have a 5.5 ft long  desk) and other  things are done where ever we can get them done at...

SimplySonita
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:52 PM

We have a classroom but school happens EVERYWHERE! happy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)