Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Allowance

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 2:08 PM
  • 6 Replies
Do you give your kids any? Do they save it up or spend it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MedicMommy
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Wyatt gets an allowance. How much depends on how many spaces are on his chore chart. He is actually pretty good about saving it

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Well I was going to do $5 a week per kid for doing lots of household chores, etc but I'm a total slacker with that stuff... I do better buying them things as they want them if they've been doing what's needed around the house :)

oredeb
by debbie on Jul. 7, 2011 at 7:38 PM

yes, some save it some spend it depends on what they want and are saving for.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 7, 2011 at 9:49 PM
Julia isn't money motivated at the moment. We will be be learning more about money this year so I'm sure that will change.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriaherring
by Member on Jul. 7, 2011 at 9:54 PM
my daughter is still a baby so we aren't to that stage yet. I was thinking that Id give her half and half.. like if I wanted to give her $10 then she would get $5 and then $5 would go in the bank.. We will see how she does when we get there though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faeriemom1972
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 10:00 PM

I do not do allowance. My feeling is that as members of this family they have certain responsibilities. When my daughter was younger, she could earn money by going beyond her basic chore responsibilities. I will do the same for my son when the time comes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)