Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone else get tired of FOOD!? (a mini vent)

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:42 PM
  • 13 Replies

I really have to share that I'm currently sick of food; fixing it, being in the kitchen, and pretty much thinking about it period. I'm so glad it's summer, and I can keep things simpler! I am strict about feeding my family a healthy and well-rounded diet, but more often than not it puts me in the kitchen doing prep work, which is time consuming....so many thing I'd rather be doing than preparing food. Last night, after a VERY full day, I forced myself into the kitchen and made supper. I could easily have told my husband to pick up some fast food on the his way home, but I didn't. While I'm proud of that, I still don't like the idea of forcing myself to do it *sigh*. I found myself thinking how great it would be if someone else would be responsible for feeding us all for a while (and of course do the job up to my standards, lol) I hope I get over this soon, it's grating on me :S

by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:52 PM

awwww it will pass! some days it happens to me even though i love to cook, i just dont want to go inside and miss everything!hahah those days everyone gets a salad from the garden, and smoked or roasted chicken on top from the freezer! easy meal!

Sarahsmommy1008
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 2:51 PM

The day they invent a nutritious meal in a pill - I'll buy them out.  This is one of my most dreaded chores everyday!!!  I mean deciding what to eat, going to the store (if necessary), cooking it, then having to eat it, and cleaning up afterwards - yuck!

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 3:15 PM

I'm much weaker.. I usually send my husband out to get food... (not just fast food) instead of cooking, I always hate being in the kitchen!  LOL  <hugs>

Melyssa-R
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 1:48 AM

I hear ya!  I hate always thinking about food but for different reasons.  I live with two picky eaters that are picky in different ways.  Trying to please everyone in one meal is impossible so usually I make choices that I don't personally care for just so everyone will eat the same damn thing.  I also get sick of worrying about meals when if I was on my own I would just eat when I was hungry.  When I was single I was pretty skinny but well, not any more.  If the food is there I will eat it.  Just the way it is.  My husband helps prepare meals and even grocery shops but that doesn't take much away from my stress about it all.

faeriemom1972
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 3:14 AM

I love planning menus and cooking, but I go through burnout. In another group it was suggested that I take advantage of my slow cooker as well as freezer meals. Not like a months worth but just some standbys for when you really don't want to be in the kitchen.

Melissa6705
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 5:29 AM
Could not agree more. Make freezer meals for days like this. I love everything about cooking so I am not a good help

Quoting faeriemom1972:

I love planning menus and cooking, but I go through burnout. In another group it was suggested that I take advantage of my slow cooker as well as freezer meals. Not like a months worth but just some standbys for when you really don't want to be in the kitchen.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 10, 2011 at 5:59 AM
I am totally with you. I could care less about food, and yet I'm quite overweight because that is all I hear all day. "I'm hungry!" so I eat too.

Right now however, I'm sick of attempting to sleep. I've been up since 4am because my 2 year old pees and THEN wants to go sit on the potty for 30 minutes saying she has a "poop ball". Goes back to bed and screams she has to go potty again.

Phew that got completey off topic but I'm kinda going crazy today. Yeah, I did say it is still early. I need to find a way to turn this day around!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SimplySonita
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 1:15 PM

I love to cook, love ot grocery shop, love to plan my menu, hate to clean up the kitchen! LOL

Most days I don't really mind being int he kitchen prepping and cooking. I just hate to clean up after homemade form scratch food! LOL

I plan at aleast one crock pot meal per week. I try to also make a double batch of something often so I can freeze it for a lazy night's dinner.

and about once a month (for either family game night or family movie night) we have party food dinner night. The kids LOVE IT! LOL I buy frozen finger foods that can be microwaved or just put in the oven (Cheese sticks, pizza rolls, egg rolls, meatballs, burritos, etc) I buy 4-5 things and we have a 'party' once a month-usually just us but sometimes we'll invite someone over. Then we play a game or watch a movie. The kids really look forward to it and so do me and hubs. Junk food, easy cooking/clean up, party attitude, it's great! LOL

Lynette
by Member on Jul. 10, 2011 at 1:40 PM

oh my gosh, me too!  You add in the foods we can't eat dairy, gluten, white rice, eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, cane sugar, HFCS, cinnamon, watermelon, and nuts.  When you add in all those food restrictions you get in such a rut sometimes, plus there is no such thing as convenience or frozen food from the grocery store and best just forget about restaurants of any kind.  There is no day off.  Everything is from scratch.  :P

Melissa6705
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 2:17 PM
I feel for you. That must be rough

Quoting Lynette:

oh my gosh, me too!  You add in the foods we can't eat dairy, gluten, white rice, eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, cane sugar, HFCS, cinnamon, watermelon, and nuts.  When you add in all those food restrictions you get in such a rut sometimes, plus there is no such thing as convenience or frozen food from the grocery store and best just forget about restaurants of any kind.  There is no day off.  Everything is from scratch.  :P

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)