Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone else get tired of FOOD!? (a mini vent)

Posted by   + Show Post

I really have to share that I'm currently sick of food; fixing it, being in the kitchen, and pretty much thinking about it period. I'm so glad it's summer, and I can keep things simpler! I am strict about feeding my family a healthy and well-rounded diet, but more often than not it puts me in the kitchen doing prep work, which is time consuming....so many thing I'd rather be doing than preparing food. Last night, after a VERY full day, I forced myself into the kitchen and made supper. I could easily have told my husband to pick up some fast food on the his way home, but I didn't. While I'm proud of that, I still don't like the idea of forcing myself to do it *sigh*. I found myself thinking how great it would be if someone else would be responsible for feeding us all for a while (and of course do the job up to my standards, lol) I hope I get over this soon, it's grating on me :S

by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:42 PM
Replies (11-13):
MedicMommy
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 6:00 PM

This is what I need to do. I'm the same way with burnout. Plus, I feel like sometimes I get in a rut and we eat the same thing every day.

If I know we're going to have several meals with the same meat (ie ground turkey) in a week, I will cook all of it at once and store it

I love to shop (alone), usually love to cook, but HATE cleaning up. I try to clean as I go, but....

Quoting faeriemom1972:

I love planning menus and cooking, but I go through burnout. In another group it was suggested that I take advantage of my slow cooker as well as freezer meals. Not like a months worth but just some standbys for when you really don't want to be in the kitchen.

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

MommaChell
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Quoting oredeb:

awwww it will pass! some days it happens to me even though i love to cook, i just dont want to go inside and miss everything!hahah those days everyone gets a salad from the garden, and smoked or roasted chicken on top from the freezer! easy meal!

EXACTLY

MommaChell
by on Jul. 18, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Quoting Lynette:

oh my gosh, me too!  You add in the foods we can't eat dairy, gluten, white rice, eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, cane sugar, HFCS, cinnamon, watermelon, and nuts.  When you add in all those food restrictions you get in such a rut sometimes, plus there is no such thing as convenience or frozen food from the grocery store and best just forget about restaurants of any kind.  There is no day off.  Everything is from scratch.  :P

I would love to see a sample of your weekly menu!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN