Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

If you could change one thing...

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 6:13 AM
  • 14 Replies
I'm having a rough night with the kids (you can probably tell in my responses! Lol)

If you could dream, and change one thing about your kids,what would it be?

Mine would just be that they SLEEP! Consistently through the night. They share a room by choice and I feel so bad because one always wakes up the other, but they don't want their own rooms.

And if I could choose 2 things (hehee) I'd have to say I'd like for them to listen the first time, but that is why I'm homeschooling right? To help them with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 6:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MedicMommy
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 6:15 AM

Hmmm. Wow. I'm going to say....that he would listen the first time. Ha! He usually does if he's had enough sleep. (Not that it happens often, mind you) I wish he would learn to sleep in when he's tired!

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 10, 2011 at 6:16 AM
Listening seems to be a challenge around here!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa6705
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 6:27 AM
I would say with DD who is 7 that she would like to be outside more and with DS I wish he could talk and tell me what's wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FlyHippie
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 11:52 AM

I wouldn't change anything on my boys...

But I'd put all that change into my daughter and make her be able to make GOOD decisions....She has a "gift" to make the wrong decision anytime she HAS a decision...

grrrrr.....

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Is she learning?A little? 

Quoting FlyHippie:

But I'd put all that change into my daughter and make her be able to make GOOD decisions....She has a "gift" to make the wrong decision anytime she HAS a decision...

grrrrr.....

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 5:47 PM

I do wish DS would get outside more. He doesn't like to go outside and play by himself though, not that I blame him. (We live in a pretty rural area, definitely not a neighborhood)

FlyHippie
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Quoting MedicMommy:

Quoting FlyHippie:

grrrrr.....

ummmm....at a snail's pace. No, not really. I keep waiting and waiting and WAITING...ugh...She's 20 and still hell bent on doing everything "HER way"...it's not good. I could give a list of examples with that one. sigh. My 13 year old is WAAAY more mature than she is now. Seriously. It's that constant "beating head against a wall" feeling with that one...

cedailey
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Mine's medical-  I wish DS could have normal BMs. Totally random every 2-5 days, and not always enough warning to get to the toilet...

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Oh man...I have no advice. Does she talk to you? Seek your advice about stuff? Could it be her friends? Sorry if I'm getting too personal

Eh, no I'm not.It's the internet. You can tell me to jump off a bridge and, well, I'd get over it

Quoting FlyHippie:

Quoting MedicMommy:

Quoting FlyHippie:

grrrrr.....

ummmm....at a snail's pace. No, not really. I keep waiting and waiting and WAITING...ugh...She's 20 and still hell bent on doing everything "HER way"...it's not good. I could give a list of examples with that one. sigh. My 13 year old is WAAAY more mature than she is now. Seriously. It's that constant "beating head against a wall" feeling with that one...

FlyHippie
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Quoting MedicMommy:

Oh man...I have no advice. Does she talk to you? Seek your advice about stuff? Could it be her friends? Sorry if I'm getting too personal

Eh, no I'm not.It's the internet. You can tell me to jump off a bridge and, well, I'd get over it

Quoting FlyHippie:

Quoting MedicMommy:

Quoting FlyHippie:

grrrrr.....

LOL! Yes, she comes to me with EVERYTHING...she has hardly any friends. The problem is, when I say anything...then I go from friend to mom and she's mad. sigh. Example: She ran away from home with an idiot boy. She gets pregnant, boy steps up. He's great now. Then, his best friend needs a place to stay for a couple of weeks. BLAM. good guy out, she's immediately with the best friend. Who drinks, is mean, we can't stand him and actually, she can't either at this point. So she calls with all of her woes and concerns and I say she needs to get out. Yes, she agrees. I say to get an apt close to us, since I keep the baby all week, make things easier. If she can't afford the apt right now, we'll help. All good, right? Coz she totally agrees...

Then he says he's sorry...and she calls me and says I'm not fair for MAKING her leave him, coz he's gonna change. (uh huh)...I say I wasn't making her, I was pointing out that she wasn't STUCK with him like she said she thought he was...still, mad.

So now? I'm not allowed in her apt because he doesn't like us. No biggie? Well, it is. Because when I go to take the 19 mo. old baby home to her...baby DOES NOT want to go! I mean, freaks out when you say she is gonna go see mama. I tell DD, "you really need to tell the dude he doesn't HAVE to like me, or see me, but this baby needs transition time. NOT the you run out and grab her and take her with her screaming. her reply was "that's not it. You need to back off...." and she isn't speaking to me now, coz he got mad at my suggestion...so she's "stuck in the middle". grrrrr....

I say "stay with him! Just get your own place coz you've never lived on your own..." she agrees until she's with him, then she says I'm being hateful.

bangs. head. against. wall.

I've even said "please don't tell me the horrible stuff, because you tell me, I try to help and then you get mad. Find a girlfriend." And......she didn't talk to me for almost a week because I said I didn't "want to talk to her..." ugh.

Welcome to my life with my daughter. My boys are so easy compared to her! LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN